CUNY Academic Program Director - School of Education in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Academic Program Director - School of Education
Job ID: 20798
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Lehman College of The City University of New York is CUNY’s only senior college in the borough of the Bronx. A federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Education, the Academic Program Director will be responsible for but not limited to the following additional duties:
• Provide administrative leadership and oversight for the development of ongoing implementation of school-based fieldwork, internship, and student teaching placements for undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Early Childhood and Childhood Education and the Department of Middle and High School Education, as well as for all special education programs in the Department of Counseling, Leadership, Literacy, and Special Education, thereby assuming full administrative responsibility of student teaching activity for the School of Education (SOE).
• Implement edTPA as student teaching requirement for all teacher preparation programs leading to initial certification and coordinate two or more edTPA support days during the fall and spring semesters for students and faculty.
• Conceptualize and provide professional development opportunities for SOE students, alumni, partner school educators, and college faculty.
• Lead the Lehman-School Partnership Council, the governance body of clinical experiences and the implementation of clinical experiences in sponsored programs, particularly in SOE’s New York City Teaching Fellows program.
Supervision and Management
• Provide direct supervision and evaluation of staff handling administrative routines associated with all aspects of teacher preparation fieldwork in the School of Education.
• Maintain and utilize a teacher education alumni database that is used for outreach and to assist in developing future teacher candidate mentors.
• Manage a budget for the events and activities related to field and clinical experiences.
• Oversee the maintenance and management of databases (e.g., TaskStream) to: 1) document assessment and completion of student teaching and teaching internship for certification purposes; 2) evaluate the quality of supervision of student teaching and teaching internship; and 3) prepare for SOE’s reaccreditation with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Participation and Partnership
• Make site visits to schools to facilitate the successful implementation of clinically rich, school-based placements.
• Act as a liaison to the NYC Department of Education’s Division of Human Resources and the Office of Teacher Recruitment Quality to foster a positive ongoing relationship, as well as to regional personnel offices and the college Career Exploration and Development Center.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under executive oversight.
Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan
Administers all curricular, administrative, and financial aspects of the program
Oversees program evaluation efforts and creates strategic plan to further develop program offerings
Manages annual budget; develops proposals and other initiatives for expanded program support
Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators to plan and execute programming activities
May participate in faculty recruitment efforts
Manages professional and clerical staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$90,871- $101,043; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Please have your curriculum vitae/resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin.
Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rft, or text format-and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Review of applications to begin Spring 2020. (Revised)
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.