CUNY Academic Resource Center Manager (HEA) - SLHS in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Academic Resource Center Manager (HEA) - SLHS
Job ID: 22868
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Functional Title: Associate Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Services: Lehman College, The City University of New York
The Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences in the School of Health Sciences, Human Services and Nursing at Lehman College, CUNY, seeks applicants for the position of Associate Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Services for the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic reporting to the Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Services. Candidates are expected to provide leadership in the department and the graduate program in the areas of student externship/field placement, recruitment and maintenance of community clinical relationships and training sites, clinical field placement advisement for students, and monitoring of clinical training of students in outside community placements. The Associate Director of Clinical Services also will report and works closely with the Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Services to maintain and support clinical operations and clinical services.
• The primary responsibility is to provide leadership in advancing the scholastic and operational endeavors of the department and the graduate program in the area of externship/ field placement of graduate students.
• Recruits and maintains relationships with outside externship facilities.
• Facilitates graduate student clinical experiences and advises students regarding field placement requirements and learning opportunities.
• Monitors student progress through review of written performance evaluations
• Develops clinical education seminars for students in externship.
• Works closely with faculty instructors assigned to externship course sections for graduate students.
• Provides field placement/externship orientation for students and coordinates regular meetings with students in outside placements.
• Secures new and ongoing affiliation agreements and site placement paperwork of students.
• Communicates clinic policies and supervisory responsibilities with outside community clinical education supervisors.
• Maintains records of clinical affiliations and provides regular updates of the externship program to the faculty.
• Daily management and planning of the clinical education component of the department of Speech-Language-Hearing at Lehman College, as needed.
• Facilitates translation of the academic ethos of the department into clinical practice through advancing integration between clinical and academic departmental units, promoting evidenced-based clinical practice, supporting clinical research, encouraging best-practices in student-clinician supervision and mentorship to ensure students’ seamless transition to field placements.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
M.A. /M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology, eligibility for New York State Licensure, and possess certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. A minimum of 6 years of clinical experience and demonstrated interest in clinical education and supervision; experience in higher education preferred, bilingual preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages program development and operations of a learning resource center.
Implements and monitors a comprehensive student support program based on targeted academic resources such as tutoring, remedial and/or other related support services
Prepares outcomes assessment to further develop center offerings; sets goals and objectives; and supports strategic plan
Creates, implements and delivers seminars, workshops and other programs to meet the needs of students and faculty
Collaborates with academic departments and other units to design, execute and improve center offerings
Oversees promotional material development and center communications utilizing various media formats
Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
Manages professional, instructional and/or clerical staff; may administer department budget
May seek additional funding by identifying new revenue sources and grants
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Resources Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 22868 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter address how you meet the qualifications, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Review of applications will begin October 19, 2021 until the successful candidate is identified.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.