CUNY Academic Senior Advisor in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Academic Senior Advisor
Job ID: 20572
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Lehman College is the only senior college of The City University of New York (CUNY) located in the Bronx. A federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Lehman College invites applications for a Senior Academic Advisor within the Office of Academic Advisement. Additional duties include:
• Advises students on academic issues with respect to curriculum and general education requirements, selection of major and minor areas, and academic standards including those for retention and probation.
• Evaluates student records to certify progress toward graduation and conduct preliminary graduation audits with regard to general education requirements.
• Serves as a resource to students with regard to academic policies and standards, grading policies, and various appeal processes.
• Refers students to other campus support services when appropriate.
• Assists Director with various departmental projects, as needed.
• Consults with faculty and staff of other administrative offices on academic matters.
• Designs and implements targeted communication solutions to support the advisement and registration process for new and continuing transfer students.
• Monitors enrollment data and modifies communication strategies accordingly.
• Tracks and utilizes data from the office’s scheduling system to increase office efficiency.
May work evenings/weekends.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required. Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge of PeopleSoft, DegreeWorks and Microsoft Office.
Experience with CRM solutions, data utilization and analysis, and EAB strongly preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides expert and/or specialized academic counseling a diverse student population.
Offers comprehensive advisement to full-time and part-time students
Works with other academic affairs staff as well as enrollment and student affairs to assist students to declare majors and select appropriate courses
Monitors students' performances and takes appropriate action if necessary; resolves students' problems regarding curricular requirements
Develops academic plans and performs graduation audits
Provides information to students regarding student support services, college policies and program procedures and guidelines
Facilitates workshops; assists with other department activities such as course scheduling
Establishes and maintains student advisement files; prepares activity reports and analyses
May supervise extramural activities, such as internships and community service; may assist with accreditation efforts as needed
May provide career and transfer services and/or specialized program counseling
May supervise junior advising and/or clerical staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Senior Academic Advisor
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $61,593
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
June 3, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.