CUNY Admissions Advisor - Admissions and Recruitment in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Admissions Advisor - Admissions and Recruitment
Job ID: 21871
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment at Bronx Community College (BCC), the Admissions Advisor will be responsible for the following:
• Organize, plan, and conduct presentations at assigned recruitment events. These may include but are not limited to high school events, community based organizations and other institutions.
• Serve as a liaison within an assigned recruitment territory to strengthen relationships with high school counselors, CBO directors and coordinators, and other organization officials to enhance presence of BCC at external events.
• Meet with prospective students and their families. Provide information regarding program offerings at BCC, financial aid and admissions requirements.
• Conduct college tours.
• Provide support and guidance to student who visit the college’s admissions office.
• Conduct initial contact and follow up with prospective students and applicants via email, telephone, and other means of communication.
• Assist in organizing admissions events such as open houses, admissions workshops, and other events related to new student enrollment.
• Collaborate with admissions staff to develop and manage electronic communication sent to prospective students.
• Assist in developing and maintaining admissions recruitment reports.
Bachelor's Degree required.
• 2 years of relevant experience in student recruitment experience
• Must be able to work evening and weekends.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student body and deliver presentations in individual and group settings
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to prioritize time and activities, show initiative, and ability to work in a team and individual setting
• Experience manipulating and analyzing data in a customer relationship management (CRM) system
• Knowledge of Hobson’s, PeopleSoft, or other student data management systems preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities.
Conducts open house sessions and orientations to ensure applicants are fully informed of requirements and processes
Assists in direct recruiting at high schools, community outreach events, and other appropriate locations
Provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, email, or letter
Maintains current information about College programs and degree requirements
Performs related duties as assigned
Job Title Name: Admissions Advisor
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$40,869 - $74,147; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID #21871. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 17, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.