CUNY Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor - RN and LPN Program (Nursing) in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor - RN and LPN Program (Nursing)
Job ID: 21988
Location: Bronx Community College
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Bronx Community College (CUNY BCC) provides degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to earn an associate degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the college’s programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
CUNY Bronx Community College seeks Two candidates for tenure track positions as Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Nursing for the college’s Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and Registered Nursing (RN) Programs in the Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences.
The college strives to create and to maintain an inclusive learning environment. The successful candidate will have demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and cross-cultural competence
For Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor:
Masters in nursing education degree or equivalent in areas of experiences. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Candidates must be available to accept day, evening, or weekend assignments.
The preferred candidate(s) will have the following knowledge, skills, and attributes:
· Earned doctorate degree in nursing education or a related field.
· NYS professional nursing license (RN) or eligible for reciprocity.
· Experience with curriculum and course development for a nursing program
· Minimum of three years of clinical experience in one of the following areas: Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatrics, and/or Mental Health Nursing.
· Minimum of two years of teaching experience in one of the following areas: clinical, skills laboratory, simulation or didactic.
· Minimum of a year of online teaching experience.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, administration, and staff.
· Ability to communicate and establish effective relationships with faculty and clinical/program partners.
· Ability to communicate effectively with students for advisement and mentoring.
· Ability to use effective pedagogical approaches and technology-based strategies that support the success of all students and variety of learning styles.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have the above plus the following:
· Demonstrated experience in Associate Degree Nursing and/or Practical Nursing education.
· Demonstrated experience with program assessment and accreditation coordination
· Demonstrated administrative experience in organizational leadership
Assistant Professor: $49,253 - $85,162
Associate Professor: $63,874 - $101,572
Full Professor: $79,040 - $121,852
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Open until filled, resume review may begin on May 23, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.