CUNY Communications Electronic Media Manager (Web Content Manager) in Bronx, New York
Communications Electronic Media Manager (Web Content Manager)
Lehman College is seeking a web content manager to oversee Lehman College’s web presence and manage the day-to-day content management of lehman.edu and third-party sites. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and customize web content management tools to streamline internal processes and better engage with external users.
• Implement and enforce SEO best practices for content creators across the site.
• Establish and maintain internal processes and protocols following industry-standard best practices for versioning and security.
• Be responsible for content optimization and successful organic search ranking of lehman.edu and other web properties.
• Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search engines and markets
• Work directly with faculty and staff stakeholder groups to ensure alignment to Lehman College brand and style guidelines
• Acts as liaison between Communications, Marketing, and Information Technology for backend web site support; as well as necessary vendors; communicates with cross-functional teams to identify challenges and improvements to processes; recommends ways to keep lehman.edu, home page, other landing pages and microsites up-to-date. Collaborates with the web development, graphic design, social and multimedia teams.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required
Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor's degree in digital marketing, journalism or communications and six years of experience in developing web content, preferably in for higher education
• Ability to write succinctly and compellingly about complex academic topics or sensitive issues while maintaining accuracy. Ability to organize and present information on the web in ways that are intuitive to an end user
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Adept at using tags, categories, SEO keywords, and other metadata are used to maximize reach and relevance of content
• Familiarity with web accessibility standards for written and visual content and application of styles
• Experience in using data analytics and user testing to guide decision making and revisions
• Proven understanding of search optimization tactics, both content and technical, and the impact of each tactic
• Ability to work occasional nonstandard business hours, including evenings and weekends, when warranted by College.
• Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking skills
• Proficient in Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud platforms, Photoshop
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
-Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
-Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients' needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
-Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
-Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
-Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
-Supervises staff as needed
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hired on or after October 1, 2022 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hired on or after October 1, 2022 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period.
If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period. An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent, must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Human.Resources@lehman.cuny.edu
December 8, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.