CUNY Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager in Bronx, New York
Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
Hostos Community College
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for securing support, building partnerships, and stewarding relationships with corporate and foundation prospects that advance the strategic goals of Hostos Community College. He/She will act as the primary point of contact for a curated portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects, working closely with academic and administrative leadership. Working with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to develop giving strategies, the successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to the following:
• Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects and expands to College’s portfolio
• Work with Hostos Community College faculty and administrators on identifying grant-funding opportunities and projects for proposal and submission ensuring alignment with Hostos’ strategic goals.
• Provide support, guidance, and expertise corporate and foundation philanthropic trends and best practices.
• Prepare proposals, manage submissions, monitor deadlines, and manage follow-up on funding requests.
• Responsible for the preparation of annual report magazine
• Guide the stewardship process for corporate and foundation support to strengthen existing relationships and to foster new partnerships.
• Independently analyzes data related to corporate and foundation solicitation result tracking, measurement, and performance.
• Remain informed on legal and accounting issues as they relate to corporate and foundation charitable giving and grant making regulations and best practices. Provide expertise to faculty and staff regarding corporate foundation funding opportunities
• Serve as Advancement Communications copyeditor when needed.
• Supervise Prospect Research Specialist.
• Works with Institutional Advancement team in support of fundraising events.
• Responsible for updating the division's webpage as needed.
• Essential duties require on campus presence.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
• Deadline-driven with high attention to detail.
• Proactive with prospect management, anticipating issues that may arise and offering a strategy to address them.
• Knowledge of moves management strategies and techniques in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing.
• Demonstrated success in successful solicitations from corporations and foundations.
• Experience with databases, preferably Raiser's Edge.
• Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Appreciation for the important role that higher education plays in the world.
• An understanding of the important role of diversity, equity and inclusion to institutional advancement.
• Understands database processes and best practices for capturing and tracking corporate and foundation gifts and data.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College corporate and foundation relations strategy and operations.
Administers an existing portfolio of organizations; assists management in identifying and cultivating new prospects
Fulfills specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio of responsibilities
Participates in developing funding strategies and assessing outcomes
Oversees corporate and foundation gift activities to support strategic plan
Maintains relationships with sponsoring organizations to promote and maintain funding
Prepares financial and prospect research reports for management
May develop proposals for institutional, academic, and arts grants
May manage professional and/or clerical staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links:"Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
--Search reopened --
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.