CUNY Financial Aid Coordinator in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Financial Aid Coordinator
Job ID: 20582
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position is dedicated to serving the Freshman College and will provide full service financial aid and financial literacy services to incoming freshmen students and their families. He/she will report to the Director of Financial Aid at Lehman College, and work collaboratively with the Director of Freshman Year Initiative/Freshman College.
Additional duties include:
• Communicate (in-person, phone, email or text) to prospective students and families about how to apply for financial aid and maintain aid until degree completion.
• Establish deadlines and protocols to ensure that freshman students apply for financial aid in a timely fashion.
• Monitor the FAFSA application; accept verification proof of documents (if needed); provide entrance and exit loan counseling (if needed); and liaison with TAP certifying officer.
• Provide guidance in financial literacy and budgeting to students and their families.
• Monitor communications to freshman students, including award letters, remaining balance, Pell and TAP encumbrances.
• Maintain a database of freshman that will monitor the phases of applying for aid such as: application, verification, financial aid award, TAP and Excelsior application, loans, book advance and refunds.
• Attend regular meetings with Freshman College to review freshman college cohort.
• Provide front counter coverage of office’s main reception area and answer office phones as needed.
Bachelor's degree is required.
Two years of financial aid or related experience preferred. Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred. Possess working knowledge of federal Title IV and NYS financial aid regulations, practices, and resources as well as automated database systems (preferably CUNYfirst or similar).
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and provides financial aid information.
Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and records awards, disbursements and returns
Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as needed
Supports the College's enrollment management efforts by providing financial aid information to prospective students, their families and their high school counselors
Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan providers
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
June 4, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.