CUNY IT Associate - Level 1/IT Projects and Services Coordinator in Bronx, New York
Job Title: IT Associate - Level 1/IT Projects and Services Coordinator
Job ID: 22869
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
I.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology, the IT Associate Level 1/ IT Projects and Services Coordinator is responsible for the following:
• In consultation with the Division of Information Technology VP/AVP and unit directors, prepares and delivers management reports concerning overall plans, activities, performance levels and budgetary compliance for all seven IT units.
• Assists in implementing contracts (including service contracts), monitoring compliance, evaluating performance, and making recommendations on renewals.
• In consultation with the Division of Information Technology unit directors, prepares annual budget requests, including operating budget for personnel and Other Than Personnel Services (OTPS) as well as capital and strategic requests.
• Monitors the division budget and procurement process
• Participates in the preparation and review of feasibility studies, proposals, and specifications.
• Ensures adherence to performance priorities within established guidelines.
• Conducts cost-benefit and other analyses to quantify recommendations to management.
• Collects information needed for the division-wide Project Portfolio Management
• Coordinates project planning sessions and internal staff resources
• Reports regarding project status to adapt work as required
• Ensures projects not meeting deadlines are escalated to the Assistant Vice President/Vice President
• Manages relationships with the IT unit directors to maximize successful project completion.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing project documentation
• Participates in design of risk mitigation plans
• Conducts project review and creates detailed reports for executive staff
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
Demonstrated English Language proficiency
A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
• Experience working in a Higher Education environment is preferred
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience in managing projects
• Strong interpersonal skill
• Strong attention to detail
• Can conform to shifting priorities in college requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities
• Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel and MS Teams
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 22869 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
In addition to applying for this position, you are highly encouraged to register for the Civil Service examination for IT Support Assistant, Exam #2064. The exam is open for the filing of applications from September 15, 2021 to October 15, 2021. Please go to https://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/hr/classified-civil-service/notice-of-exams-noe/ to review the Notice of Examination, which contains detailed information about the exam.
October 26, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.