CUNY IT Senior Associate, Level 3 (Provisional) - Application Development in Bronx, New York
Job Title: IT Senior Associate, Level 3 (Provisional) - Application Development
Job ID: 20555
Location: Bronx Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
I.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.
I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
IT Senior Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Since 1957, Bronx Community College of the City University of New York (BCC) has been building on its vision to graduate students who are prepared to live within, profit from, and contribute to a 21st century global environment marked by diversity, change, and expanded opportunities for learning and growth. Located on a 43 acre, tree-lined campus in the University Heights section of the Bronx, BCC offers more than 30 academic programs that prepare students for careers and to continue their education at four-year colleges.
The IT Senior Associate is a key member of the IT management team and serves as an advisor to the Director of Information Systems and/or the Deputy Chief Information Officer on Enterprise Academic and Administrative application development and services. The individual in this position develops and maintains applications use to support Administrative and Academic functions for the college. In addition, this person is responsible for the application development and data reporting needs for the Accelerated Study in Associate Program (ASAP) which is designed to provide the financial, academic, and personal support that help our students complete their degree at a faster pace. The IT Senior Associate works collaboratively with other IT professionals, particularly administrators in the areas of middleware and complex data reporting. Areas of technology include: development, programming, data mining and reporting.
Additional areas of responsibility and coordination:
· Conducts complex queries and reports specifically supportive of ASAP (Accelerated Study in Associate Program), Enrollment and Student Advisement projects in areas of application development, programming and reporting.
· Provides expert advice and take a leadership role in projects involving the implementation of new enterprise applications and data automation. In collaboration with other team members, leads and oversees the development of highly enterprise level data-driven applications and systems; works with the development team to plan and coordinate program migrations, database changes, reference data and changes through the development life cycle and operations improvements.
· Develops and maintains a variety of applications in Java and other languages that drive the college business and support the areas of Academic Affairs and Student services.
· Analyzes user requirements, procedures and problems to automate academic and administrative processes and improve existing systems, including the evaluation of user requests for new or modified programs. Determines project feasibility, cost, time required for completion as well as compatibility with other existing systems. Transforms functional requirements into technical requirements and recommends industry best practice solutions.
· Assists other departments with projects and tasks requiring academic and administrative reporting ensuring high customer service delivery.
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
Demonstrated English Language proficiency
A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
• Experience in Higher Education with systems such as CUNYfirst (Peoplesoft), Blackboard, DegreeWorks, and Starfish
• Experience of Java and/or Oracle pl/sql programming
• Proven relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
• Proven experience developing data integration solutions (scripts, jobs, API calls)
• Experience with web servers and java containers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS, nginx)
• Well-versed in common software development processes (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures, API design and implementation, Object Oriented Programming, web services, Java, PHP, JQuery, JSON, Sencha Ext JS, Oracle DBMS, MS SQL Server or related technologies
• Ability to independently debug and diagnose problems as well as be comfortable with proposing and designing solutions
• Proven project management knowledge and experience
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and maintain good relationships with other team members and management
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select “Employment”, then select “Search Job Postings” and find JOB ID # 20555. Please attach resume. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information
Resumes will be reviewed beginning May 27, 2019 and continue until all open positions are filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.