CUNY Lecturer - Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Lecturer - Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education
Job ID: 20653
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education at Lehman College invites applications for a full-time lecturer position beginning fall 2020. Candidates must have a strong commitment to teaching at the graduate level.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach graduate-level courses (on campus and online) in all facets of organizational leadership (e.g. leadership theory; human resources; strategic planning; program evaluation; grant writing; and/or finance and budgeting); advise students; develop new leadership programs and create curriculum; actively recruit for and coordinate the online program; and provide service to the department, college, university, and community (e.g., committee, administrative, supervisory and other assignments normally associated with a full-time lecturer appointment). Evening teaching is required.
• Teach graduate courses in Lehman College’s campus and online Organizational Leadership Graduate Programs.
• Actively seek articulation agreements and educational partnerships with non-profit, community-based, corporate and/or other organizations and/or institutions.
• Mentor and advise students in the program.
• Manage all aspects of the online program and develop necessary and appropriate operational systems and processes.
• Develop curriculum for the online and campus programs.
• Assist with new program development, and create curriculum for leadership development certificate programs.
• Participate in student recruitment, application and admissions processes.
• Mentor part-time faculty.
• Collaborate across departments and/or schools.
• Assist with assessment, accreditation and other program development initiatives.
• Seek external funding for research and program improvements.
• Perform service to college, school and department.
• Perform additional related administrative duties when needed.
Lehman College of The City University of New York is CUNY’s only senior college in the borough of the Bronx. A federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study. The teaching load is 24 hours. Service to the college, university and community is part of the mission as is a clear commitment to student engagement including advisement. Opportunities are available for faculty development and travel awards. Lehman College and CUNY internal funding is available through competitive grants for scholarship and professional development support. The Department of Counseling, Leadership, Literacy, and Special Education houses a variety of outstanding and unique graduate degree programs in counselor education, organizational and educational leadership, literacy studies and special education, with each culminating in a master’s degree or an advanced certificate and most leading to New York State Certification. Our programs integrate practice with theory, and students are expected to develop their skills and capacities as teachers, counselors and/or educational and organizational leaders through both on-campus and work-based experiences, with current practitioners in schools, districts, nonprofits and/or community-based organizations. Our programs also emphasize action research, using data to identify and close educational gaps and require students to apply the knowledge, skills and dispositions acquired throughout their coursework to develop solutions to classroom, school and organizational problems. Our faculty are committed to excellence in scholarship and teaching and are recognized for their work with Bronx and urban schools, districts nonprofits and other community organizations and strive to provide transformational learning experiences for our graduate students. They are experienced in meeting the needs of adult learners and are dedicated to mentoring, motivating and supporting our graduate students through consistent advisement, engaging instruction, continuous program improvement and career placement.
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership or a related field such as Higher Education Administration/Leadership or Non-profit Leadership/Management from an accredited institution.
Applicants should have:
• Experience in graduate-level teaching, creating curriculum and program assessment.
• Experience with program recruitment.
• Demonstrated success with developing, delivering and managing online graduate-level programs.
• Strong collaborative and organizational skills to work across programs and departments to develop creative new programs.
• Doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership or a related field such as Higher Education Administration/Leadership or Non-profit Leadership/Management from an accredited institution.
• Knowledge of or experience with organizational finance, budgeting, and human resources.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Prior applicants need not apply.
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
The review of applications will begin September 4, 2019 and continue until a candidate is identified.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.