CUNY Online Student Support and Resource Specialist (Academic Resource Center Specialist (HEOa)) in Bronx, New York
Online Student Support and Resource Specialist (Academic Resource Center Specialist (HEOa))
The Online Student Support and Resource Specialist will engage in providing services and assistance to support LehmanCollege’s students. This position will contribute to the creation and enhancement of online student services and resources,including serving as the point of contact for prospective and enrolled online students. The specialist will be responsible fordeveloping and conducting information, orientation, and training sessions (online, off-site, and in-person), liaising with
respective offices, including academic schools and departments, as well as administrative offices such as admissions,advising, instructional support services, library to facilitate student success.
Additional duties include:
• Serve as primary point of contact and advocate for online students from admission to graduation.
• Connect applicants and students with respective program directors for information regarding program availability,eligibility, and requirements.
• Direct prospective and continuing students to respective offices to ensure timely and appropriate support.
• Collaborate with other college offices and academic departments to facilitate and resolve any online student issues.
• Compile, generate, and update various reports related to online students working collaboratively with the Office ofInstitutional Research, Enrollment Management, and Registrar.
• Develop and implement retention initiatives, such as online course and program orientations, and student supportinitiatives, strategic communication, etc.
• Work in collaboration with Media Relations, Admissions, and Academic Departments to develop and implementmarketing plans for online courses and programs, including social media, website, and marketing content.
• Stay up to date with emerging trends in higher education pertaining to online learning, by attending and presenting atrelevant professional conferences.
• Manage an online student mentoring program or similar programs to ensure online student success.
• May supervise clerical and/or part-time staff and coordinate work schedules.
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required. Experience in administration of student services for online programs in higher education is strongly preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Forms, Teams), video conferencing (e.g. Zoom).
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers the activities of a learning resource or support center.
Supports the design and delivery of academic resources such as tutoring, remedial and other student programs and services, delivered in a variety of modes, including on-line
Produces and administers training programs, lectures, workshops, seminars and special events
Collaborates with various College offices to improve student and faculty services; implements new services and assures existing services are effectively provided.
Serves as resource expert for students and faculty regarding center policies and procedures, and if needed, technology issues related to their learning experience
May assist and/or supervise office operations and/or department budget
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Resource Center Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hired on or after October 1, 2022 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hired on or after October 1, 2022 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period.
If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period. An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent, must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
December 6, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.