CUNY Student Athletics Manager - APEX in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Student Athletics Manager - APEX
Job ID: 20817
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Lehman College of The City University of New York is CUNY’s only senior college in the borough of the Bronx. A federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics at Lehman College, this position will be responsible for the following:
• Assist with the overall management of Lehman’s $58 million Athletic and Physical Education Center (The APEX) including but not limited to business development, facility scheduling, large group use and scheduling, personnel supervision, budget development, facility maintenance, and support services.
• Assist the Director with event supervision, staff scheduling, rental income billing, conflict resolution, and contract preparation.
• Assist with the planning, operation, and leadership of the Lehman College athletics department’s 18 NCAA and City University of New York Athletic Conference Division III varsity sports programs.
• Serve as head of compliance and eligibility for all 18 NCAA and City University of New York Athletics Conference teams. Maintain knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations, and guidelines to ensure that all NCAA and CUNYAC eligibility rules are being followed and enforced.
• Oversee Title IX, sexual harassment, anti-hazing programs, and other training programs as required for all coaches, athletics staff, and student-athletes. Supervise sexual violence/harassment and team hazing prevention policies and training sessions.
• Serve as a head or assistant coach for one of our 18 varsity teams.
• Serve as our student-athlete success coordinator to monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
• Serve as Advisor to Lehman’s NCAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and oversee student-athlete involvement in community/volunteer activities and initiatives.
• Create monthly facility schedule of daily events for practices and games in order to prevent conflicts of time and space.
• Serve as home game day administrator and visiting team liaison for all Lehman home athletic contests. Evening and weekend game and facilities supervision and/or coaching duties are required.
• Represent Lehman College in local, regional, and national athletic organizations.
Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 6 years of related experience in college athletics required. Background in NCAA Compliance and rules interpretation. Management of a large multi-purpose, multi-dimensional athletic, recreational and college varsity sports programs is essential. Head coaching experience at the NCAA level required. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills desired. Ability to work successfully with various college constituents - faculty, staff, students, alumni, general public, and others that use the APEX for membership services. A working knowledge of CUNYFirst student records software. Evening and weekend hours are essential.
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly. In addition, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of Excel.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages selected aspects of intercollegiate, intramural and recreational athletics staff, programs, facilities and activities.
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day operations for varsity sports, supervising coaching and event staff
Manages one or more athletic facilities
Administers scheduling and other arrangements for athletic contests and events
Supervises the intramural and recreation program
Produces athletic publications through various media sources; develops and produces marketing and promotional programs
Maintain computer files, statistics, and reports on all data related to the athletics program
Oversees academic progress of student athletes and works with other College units to assure their academic and personal success
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Athletics Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin.
Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rft, or text format-and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
July 30, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.