CUNY Vice President for Continuing Education and Workforce Development in Bronx, New York
Job Title: Vice President for Continuing Education and Workforce Development
Job ID: 22703
Location: Hostos Community College
Reporting directly to the President and serving as a member of the Senior Staff, the Vice President of Continuing Education and Workforce Development (CEWD) provides executive leadership and oversight for the CEWD Division. The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development offers a wide range of programs to thousands of individuals each year providing affordable quality career training, education, and personal enrichment.
Under new presidential leadership, Hostos has an ambitious agenda to expand existing and to develop new programs and services to meet the needs of an urban and highly diverse community. The Vice President of CEWD is responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction, and policy formulation of all division programs. He/she will carry out a broad range of managerial and fiscal responsibilities. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops and manages innovative and attractive educational credit and non credit programs for adults in response to changing needs of constituencies.
• Expands workforce partnerships and collaborations with businesses, unions, community based organizations, as well as governmental and non governmental organizations. ·
• Prepares and oversees start up and operational budgets; implements short- and long-range fiscal plans, determines allocation of funds for staff, supplies, facilities and equipment; authorizes and monitors expenditures.
• Develops and implements strategic plan to guide the Division for the next five years.
• Writes grant proposals for Continuing Education and Workforce Development initiatives and creates alliances for funding through strategic partnerships.
• Guides the development and implementation of marketing plans.
• Serves as College liaison with University of Continuing Education and Workforce Development and other CUNY programs.
• Oversees the college's satellite programs.
• Provides leadership in the creation of educational opportunities tied to workforce development in credit and noncredit bearing course offerings.
• Provides leadership and supervision in the development of a full operational Office of Adult and Continuing Education at the College.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by the president.
• Essential duties require on campus presence.
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, eight years’ related experience, and are at will employment.
The following qualifications are preferred:
An earned Master's Degree or advanced degree in a related area;
Minimum five years of demonstrated experience in higher education developing and implementing programs of continuing and workforce education;
Entrepreneurial skills; strong innovative leadership; excellent communication skills;
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
Commitment to the College mission and ability to collaborate successfully with all segments of the campus community.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings".
Please attach cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin September 1, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.