CUNY Academic Internship Coordinator - Professional Development Center in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Academic Internship Coordinator - Professional Development Center
Job ID: 19971
Location: NYC College of Technology
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of the City University of New York (CUNY) is a comprehensive college of over 17,000 students offering associate and baccalaureate degree in technology and health related degree programs, other career-oriented degrees and liberal arts transfer degrees in its Schools of Arts and Sciences, Technology and Design, and Professional Studies. Located in the Metrotech area of downtown Brooklyn, we are the largest public college of technology in New York State and exceptional in that we go beyond traditional class offerings to create a high-tech, hands-on educational experience for our students, preparing them for a rapidly changing world. For over five years City Tech has been among the leaders in the diversity of the students it serves among all Comprehensive Colleges/Bachelor’s (North) in the annual survey by U.S. News and World Report. Students and faculty are from more than 120 countries and speak more than 85 languages, with many students the first in their families to attend college. City Tech employs approximately 1,000 full-time faculty and staff, and over 900 part-time faculty.
Reporting to the Academic Internship Manager, the Academic Internship Coordinator supports the daily operational needs and related activities of the Academic Internship Program administered by the Professional Development Center. The Coordinator will support the program’s mission to engage various college community stakeholders with external stakeholders, as well as companies and organizations aligned with City Tech's academic program offerings.
The Internship Coordinator will coordinate internship opportunities, facilitate workshops for students as well as participate in strategic work and operational meetings, including presentation of reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the on-campus recruiting program for internships; maintains communications with employer sponsors; and schedules student interviews; creates and leads student career workshops.
• Assists in the administration of a comprehensive internship program based on students' field of study
• Assist in developing workshops for program participants
• Assist with developing and implementing student leadership opportunities
• Research emerging student concerns
• Maintain the career services database update student records in real time, and adjust tools the College uses to record student data
• Participate in screening and assessment of internship partners
• Coordinate employer information sessions and interviews at the College
• Coordinate the logistics for various Internship Program events;
• Assist with developing and executing work plans for the annual launch event in September
Bachelor's degree required.
• Detail-oriented individual with good communication, organization, and time management skills
• A team-player with creative problem-solving skills, good work ethic and commitment to success
• Demonstrated interest in urban education and college access
• Ability to work productively in a fast paced, time-sensitive, high volume and dynamic student focused and customer responsive environment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
• Proactive, flexible, and creative.
• Committed to helping City Tech students develop professional skills needed to embark on a successful career post-graduation
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides analytical, research and administrative support for internship and field instruction programs
Provides orientation to student interns on procedures and requirements
Coordinates group supervision and consultation sessions
Reviews activity and progress reports
Compiles and analyzes data on internship activities
Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume AND cover letter.
Applicants considered until position filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.