CUNY Adjunct Faculty Open Rank - Emergency Medical Service (Paramedic Program) in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty Open Rank - Emergency Medical Service (Paramedic Program)
Job ID: 19330
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Nursing at Kingsborough Community College invites applicants for part-time teaching positions at the Adjunct Lecturer, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Adjunct Associate and Adjunct Professor level positions for the 2018-2019 academic year. Candidates will teach undergraduate courses in the Emergency Medical Services Program at both the EMT and Paramedic level.
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
For Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor:
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required is the ability to teach successfully.
For Adjunct Lecturer:
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
For all ranks:
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field.
• Current certification as a Paramedic in New York State.
• Must have s minimum of 3-years working experience in NYC 911 EMS system and/or EMS teaching experience in an academic setting.
• Current certification by NYS Department of Health BEMS as a Certified Lab Instructor.
• Current certification as an American Heart Association Provider in BCLS, ACLS and PALS.
• Knowledge and commitment to Associate Degree Emergency Medical Services education and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated scholarship and achievement and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution
• Current certification as an American Heart Association Instructor in BLS, ACLS or PALS
• Current certification as a PHTLS Instructor
• Current certification as NYS DOH Certified Instructor Coordinator
• Adjunct Lecturer: $71.59 - $89.12
• Adjunct Assistant Professor: $81.20 - $96.38
• Adjunct Associate Professor: $87.54 - $107.28
• Adjunct Professor: $97.11 - $118.19
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 19330 or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
September 12 , 2019. Review of applications to begin immediately (on-going to fill open positions).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.