CUNY Administrative Coordinator - ASAP in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - ASAP
Job ID: 21382
Location: NYC College of Technology
New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of the City University of New York (CUNY) is a comprehensive college of over 17,000 students offering associate and baccalaureate degree in technology and health related degree programs, other career-oriented degrees and liberal arts transfer degrees in its Schools of Arts and Sciences, Technology and Design, and Professional Studies. Located in the Metrotech area of downtown Brooklyn, we are the largest public college of technology in New York State and exceptional in that we go beyond traditional class offerings to create a high-tech, hands-on educational experience for our students, preparing them for a rapidly changing world. For over five years City Tech has been among the leaders in the diversity of the students it serves among all Comprehensive Colleges/Bachelor’s (North) in the annual survey by U.S. News and World Report. Students and faculty are from more than 120 countries and speak more than 85 languages, with many students the first in their families to attend college. City Tech employs approximately 1,000 full-time faculty and staff, and over 900 part-time faculty.
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouches, and monthly MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
Reporting to the ASAP Director, the ASAP Administrative Coordinator performs administrative duties to ensure productive ASAP college office functioning and support the program's expansion activities, including program operations, recruitment and communication utilizing a holistic and student focused approach.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with student orientation, recruitment and outreach efforts and support student engagement events
• Serve as a front-line ambassador to the students, public and university community on informational matters;
• Process budget requisitions and invoices for payment;
• Maintain program information on department website(s), manuals, and other print or electronic sources.
• Manage and monitor program social media efforts
• Organize and execute logistics for events and meetings;
• Supervise college assistants and student workers
Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience in administration of a public service, social service, education, and counseling or mentoring program; work with educators and students.
• Commitment to promoting college access and success in post-secondary education.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Flexibility to work productively in a fast paced, time-sensitive, high volume and dynamic student-focused and customer responsive environment.
• Strong presentation, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to work and interact effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with a diverse community of learners, students, faculty and staff ;
• Orientation to detail and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Computer proficiency using standard office software programs/applications, including Access database and Google Docs.
• Experience with social media platforms
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The ASAP Program Coordinator provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's ASAP program.
Monitors and maintains student enrollment and information databases; collects and maintains statistical data
Prepares reports and surveys using student information and enrollment data
Collects information to evaluate program/event success and reports results
Serves as liaison to various College offices to ensure smooth operations and verification of student information
Creates and distributes marketing and promotional and event materials for ASAP programming
Assists with the coordination and execution of student activities, workshops, meetings and special events
Performs related duties as assigned
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $51,153. Commensurate with experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin on or after December 5, 2019.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.