CUNY Continuing Education Teacher - USIP Math Workshop Instructor in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Continuing Education Teacher - USIP Math Workshop Instructor
Job ID: 20100
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Kingsborough Community College’s USIP (University Skills Immersion Program) is seeking qualified Math Instructors to lead and/or design intensive Immersion [or ASAP] workshops in our Winter and Summer modules. Successful candidates will be appointed on CET (Continuing Education Teacher) lines and will be eligible to teach up to 20 hours per week in Kingsborough’s 6 week Winter (January/February) and Summer (July/August) modules with potential for additional hours in the Fall and Spring terms.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide Pre-Algebra or Elementary Algebra instruction to incoming freshmen in either 15 or 45 hour blocks
• Integrate technology (including adaptive learning software) into pedagogical approach
• Provide diagnostic and formative feedback on student skills
• Maintain student records
• Participate in instruction-related program support activities as needed
Teaches Continuing Education courses and performs related work.
Educational and professional qualifications appropriate to teaching assignments.
• Masters degree in Math or Math Education or equivalent
• Experience teaching developmental mathematics
• Knowledge of current teaching practices, including assessment of student learning outcomes
• Successful teaching of developmental mathematics at the community college level
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
• Familiarity with CUNY policies and practices in developmental education
• Experience working with adaptive learning software (ALEKS, Connect Math, MyMathLab, WebAssign, and other platforms)
• Knowledge of curriculum/instructional design
$55.00 per hour.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 20100 or Title.
Candidates should provide a resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references.
February 10, 2020. Review of resumes to begin immediately (on-going to fill open positions).
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.