CUNY Director of Assessment - Provost Office (Academic Affairs Director) (Re-Opened) in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Director of Assessment - Provost Office (Academic Affairs Director) (Re-Opened)
Job ID: 20737
Location: Kingsborough Community College
The Director of Assessment, reporting to the Associate Provost, is responsible for the leadership and development of campus-wide, outcomes-based assessment that supports Kingsborough Community College's mission, strategic initiatives and academic master plan. The successful candidate will set directions for academic assessment as well as overseeing data collection and analysis, interpretation and analysis and preparation of reports for both internal and external use and distribution. Translation of data into usable information for the college community is a key function of this position. The Director collaborates with other areas of the institution to provide information and analytic support to the College's academic decision makers in order to facilitate academic planning, resource allocation, enrollment projections and other processes requiring sound strategic analysis.
Specific tasks and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Promote a culture of academic excellence to meet quality and accreditation standards and build capacity across the institution
• Manage the academic assessment process and periodically review it for effectiveness.
• Provide leadership in fostering a culture of assessment in which student learning outcomes are established at the course, program and college level; instruction and assessment are demonstrably aligned with these outcomes; and assessment results are regularly reviewed and acted on to improve student learning.
• Design, implement, and report on academic, curricular, and co-curricular assessment activities that are supervised by the Provost’s office, including departmental and program assessments, special assessment projects with advising and academic support services and the use of assessment results to guide improvement
• Develop, coordinate and maintain an annual calendar of academic assessment activities, including workshops and other developmental activities for faculty, chairs and unit managers
• Work with college administration, faculty, and departments to develop a sustainable and systematic assessment of general education
• Oversee the assessment and reporting of the civic engagement graduation requirement, as well as the use of the results for college-wide improvement
• Ensure the development of meaningful objectives and reporting outcomes for the academic master plan and relevant priorities of the College's strategic plan.
• Design and implement data views and reports using longitudinal and other data for use in research, academic planning and assessment.
• Maintain an up-to-date and thorough acknowledgement of accreditation requirements (at institutional and program levels) and communicate changes and other important information to appropriate campus personnel;
• Collect and analyze data related to a wide variety of academic projects, student learning outcomes assessment, accreditation and decision-making.
• Write assessment reports based on institutional research, testing, survey and/or program data.
• Oversee the data collection and analysis from a variety of technological tools used on campus, including Starfish
• Participate in the CUNY Assessment Council and Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) activities.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
Ph.D. strongly preferred.
Strong quantitative and qualitative skills and experience in research methods and design and tests and measurements required.
Eight years of experience in an institution of higher education, with at least three years of experience in higher education assessment. Experience teaching at the higher education level and familiarity with regional and special accreditation a plus.
Demonstrated ability to work successfully and collaboratively with faculty and personnel at all
administrative levels is required.
Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to work independently and attend to multiple projects simultaneously required.
Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to write and communicate data-rich reports that are easily understood by various stakeholders required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access, survey tools and statistical analysis tools
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College activities and operations related to Academic matters to support academic policy and student learning strategies.
Designs, implements and monitors an array of academic initiatives, programs, priorities, and functions
Develops strategic plans, academic program proposals, and curricular reports
Assesses outcomes to improve services and support student success
Creates and oversees academic support initiatives
Administers College articulation efforts
Ensures compliance with accreditation standards and reporting requirements
Liaisons with faculty and professional staff in departments and offices across the College
Manages operational and program budgets; manages, trains, and develops staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 20737 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled with immediate review of resumes.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.