CUNY Financial Aid Specialist (HEOa) - CUNY-WIDE POSTING in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist (HEOa) - CUNY-WIDE POSTING
Job ID: 23169
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This is a CUNY-Wide Posting only open to employees of The City University of New York.
The Financial Aid department at Kingsborough Community College is looking for a Financial Aid Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Aid, a Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for advising and providing financial aid information to students and their families.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the responsibilities include:
• Provide on-going comprehensive overall financial aid counseling to students and their families
• Assist the New York State aid certifying officer with evaluation of aid eligibility and certification of NYS financial aid awards.
• Review and correct financial aid information and verify financial aid information for students selected for verification by the Department of Education or by the college; Resolve students’ financial aid issues
• Administer review of Excelsior Scholarship awards and provide direct services to Excelsior Scholarship recipients
• Manage the Financial Aid Office front desk and Financial Aid Lab; coordinate schedule for the staff assigned to work in both locations
• Liaison between veteran’s office and financial aid office and serve as lead point of contact for Veteran students
• Work collaboratively with the TAP and APTS Coordinators (HESC - NYS Aid Programs)
• Consult with other units in Enrollment Management, Student affairs, Student advisement, registration, counseling and other related activities.
• Counsel students on maintaining satisfactory academic progress for both Federal and New York State financial aid programs;
• Review weekly state aid payment reports and reconcile awards and payments on the CUNYFirst system.
• Assist with communication and outreach efforts to students regarding New York State financial aid applications and eligibility requirements.
• Participate in financial aid workshops, orientation and college events; represent the financial aid office and the college at various meetings on and off campus
• Prepare materials and information on financial aid publications and communications
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Must be available for evening and weekend coverage as required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers and supervises financial aid programs and operations.
Reviews contracts, disbursements, tuition and fees; validates student eligibility for various programs
Administers, monitors and troubleshoots CUNY financial aid systems as well as Federal and NY State systems in order to ensure integrity of student databases and timely and accurate delivery of funds
Assists CUNY staff, applicants, and students/families with advice on financial aid issues and eligibility
May review and reconcile student payroll processing
Represents the Financial Aid function at Admissions events; works with academic departments as well as Bursar, Registrar, Admissions and Computing offices to assure staff understand and implement financial aid processes correctly
Assists in the development and evaluation of Admissions processes
Prepares documentation, instructions, and materials in various media to support financial aid activities
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 23169 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
December 22, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.