CUNY Instructional Designer (Academic Faculty Development Manager) (Re-Opened) in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Instructional Designer (Academic Faculty Development Manager) (Re-Opened)
Job ID: 20500
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Instructional Designer/Academic Faculty Development Manager will report to the Dean of Faculty and will work with the Director of the Kingsborough Center for e-Learning (KCeL) to manage the development, ongoing assessment, continuous improvement and of courses, particularly those offered in hybrid or online formats. will be responsible for assisting faculty to develop course interfaces and instructional materials that align with desired learning outcomes and faculty pedagogical philosophies. The Instructional Designer will also be responsible for assisting faculty to develop course interfaces and instructional materials that align with desired learning outcomes and faculty pedagogical philosophies.
In addition to the CUNY Title overview, the Instructional Designer's duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide direction for applying instructional design principles to the development and delivery of courses
• Work with faculty to support effective integration of new and established instructional technologies in online, hybrid and classroom- learning environments
• In consultation with the Director of KCeL and faculty e-learning mentors, develop, coordinate and deliver instructional technology and digital pedagogy faculty development programing in online, hybrid, and face to face modalities
• Track metrics on faculty help requests, professional development/training, and feedback, in order to improve services
• Design faculty development resources that support excellence in teaching and student learning and promote innovative use of technology
• Develop strategies for using Blackboard and other system-based data analytics to assess and improve student learning in accordance with the college’s commitment to academic momentum and equity
• Remain current in the field of research in online learning
• Coordinate with the Office of Information Technology Services to provide leadership and direction in the use of new technologies, such as multimedia, video conferencing, web-based instruction, and other internet activities within the classroom for the presentation of content to students in web-enhanced, hybrid and fully online courses
Bachelors' degree and six years' related experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with diverse constituencies
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate hybrid and online courses
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently and collaboratively in project planning, implementation and assessment.
• At least one year online teaching experience
• Demonstrated commitment to supporting equity in higher education
• Instructional Design credential
• Familiarity with multimedia formats and multimedia production and hosting workflows, experience with video production
• Expert knowledge of learning management software, preferably Blackboard
• Demonstrated experience developing training materials and delivering training in multiple modalities
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and universal design principles in online education
• Excellent research, data analysis and presentation skills
• Expert knowledge of instructional design theories, concepts, and quality assurance measures such as Quality Matters
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports faculty development activities related to the delivery of high-quality instructional services.
Plans and implements workshops, seminars, colloquia, and other events for full- and part-time faculty to enhance skills and provide enrichment in support of improved educational results
Compiles data and reports on faculty activities and outcomes
Creates and maintains handbooks, instructions, web sites, and other materials to support faculty activities
Consults with faculty on a variety of issues including instructional design, general orientation, use of technology, preparing meaningful course materials, grant-writing, and collaboration with other institutions
May supervise professional and administrative staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 20500 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
August 18, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.