CUNY Performing Arts Center Manager in Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Performing Arts Center Manager
Job ID: 20697
Location: NYC College of Technology
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of the City University of New York (CUNY) is a comprehensive college of over 17,000 students in downtown Brooklyn, offering associate and baccalaureate degree in technology and health related degree programs, other career-oriented degrees and liberal arts transfer degrees in its Schools of Arts and Sciences, Technology and Design, and Professional Studies. We are the largest public college of technology in New York State and exceptional in that we go beyond traditional class offerings to create a high-tech, hands-on educational experience for our students, to prepare them for a rapidly changing world. For the last years, City Tech has been among the leaders in the diversity of the students it serves among all Comprehensive Colleges/Bachelor’s (North) in the annual survey by U.S. News and World Report. Students and faculty are from more than 120 countries and speak more than 85 languages, with many students the first in their families to attend college.
The Theater in City Tech’s magnificent new building, at the corner of Tillary and Jay Streets, offers an impressive entertainment facility in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn. With state-of-the-art computer-controlled lighting and sound, the thousand –seat Theater is fully media-enabled and boasts a vast lobby that can seat up to 300 for served meals, making it ideal for conferences, cultural events, performances and a variety of other functions.
City Tech Theater is seeking a Performing Arts Center Manager who will work in collaboration with clients and management. The Manger will report to the Director of Theater Operations. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and administer production and deadline schedules for each production.
• Manage resource calendars for all shared facility spaces.
• Assist in planning and organizing production schedules with events.
• Assess project and resource requirements.
• Oversee production processes before, during and after events.
• Supervise the work of all production staff and student workers. Establish task priorities for staff.
• Work within agreed budgets and timescales between clients and management.
• Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel.
• Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process, and act as a liaison between directors, designers, stage managers and City Tech production and administration staff. Communicate any concerns or obstacles to senior management.
• Assure compliance with appropriate regulations regarding safety and building characteristics.
• Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity.
• Represent and/or assist the Director of Theater Operations and Performing Arts Director while interfacing with public and private organizations.
• Organize relevant training sessions.
• Oversee inventory, maintenance and repair of all theatrical equipment and future broadcast production equipment. Oversee all routine theater supply needs.
• Assist in event setup in New Academic Building spaces.
• Develop reports and brochures for distribution.
• Attend campus meetings and events as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule for technical production events.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages day-to-day operations and administrative activities of a performing arts center
Manages College-sponsored event programming; works with student and faculty representatives to understand their needs and assure successful productions
Manages center administration, including staffing, payroll, budget and fiscal management
Assists in client contract negotiations, scheduling, and planning for production requirements
Participates in soliciting business, developing marketing and public relations campaigns, and developing relationships with external arts and community organizations
Provides programming to fulfill the community service mission of the College or Unit.
Job Title Name: Performing Arts Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Cover letter must be included with resume.
Candidate review and interviews will begin by June 26, 2019 and considerations until position filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.