CUNY Academic Advising Manager - Chemical Engineering in New York, New York
Job Title: Academic Advising Manager - Chemical Engineering
Job ID: 20607
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Academic Advising Manager will report to the Chair of Chemical Engineering at The City College of New York.
In addition to the CUNY title overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement a coordinated advisement plan for undergraduate and graduate students that will extend throughout their career at City College. Serve as a resource to academic advisors, Student Success Center leadership, administrative offices, and students for clarification and dissemination of information on advisement and college regulations
• Manage the daily office operations, supervising academic advisement and administrative support staff (Work Study program)
• Manage the cultivation and maintaining of strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators regarding academic counseling services
• Oversee student career placement in collaboration with the Career Placement Office and informs students of job opportunities
• Pursue grant opportunities, in conjunction with the Office of Sponsored Research, related to further developing the Chemical Engineering Department and the Grove School of Engineering
• Administer all compliance and data integrity activities of academic counseling in accordance with University standards and advises college administration on policy interpretation as well as University academic standards
• Manage and prepares assessment reports, oversees outcome and creates a strategic plan to further enhance Academic Advisement services
• Collaborate with the Recruitment and Admissions department in developing strategies to recruit students for department degrees and programs
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development and operations of academic counseling services.
Develops and coordinates campus efforts to provide a comprehensive academic advisement model and protocol; assists with strategic planning
Supervises an academic advisement center; oversees counseling activities to provide consistently reliable information to students
Works with academic departments to develop faculty advisement components
Collaborates with other campus offices to provide smooth and coordinated access to academic counseling services in order to enhance student performance and retention
Develops workshops and other training to utilize advising technologies
Oversees the development of advisement brochures and sample study programs
Assesses academic counseling activities by tracking student progress and evaluating advisement system; recommends enhancements
Organizes and facilitates ongoing training on use of advising technologies
May manage professional and clerical staff; may monitor unit budget
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advising Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More search options"
Search by Job Opening ID number 20607
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of applications beginning June 12, 2019.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.