CUNY Academic Faculty Development Manager/Instructional Design Manager in New York, New York
Job Title: Academic Faculty Development Manager/Instructional Design Manager
Job ID: 22098
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Reporting to the Director of Faculty Development and Instructional Technology, the Instructional Design Manager will support the development of high quality online courses and implementation of technology-based solutions to address pedagogical needs. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, they will also:
• Work with faculty to develop courses that are based on sound online learning methodology and universal design that integrate new and established technologies.
• Work with the Director and Associate Director to develop, manage and assess initiatives to support teaching effectiveness.
• Assist the unit to plan, implement and assess educational and technology strategies.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver instructional technology and pedagogy workshops in both online and face to face modalities for faculty.
• Keep current with research and developments in the field of online learning.
• Perform Blackboard administration functions as required.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Instructional Design credential.
• At least 4 years of experience as a faculty member and/or instructional staff implementing technology in an educational or educationally-related environment.
• Demonstrated experience designing online content for higher education.
• Expert knowledge of learning management software, preferably Blackboard, with preference for sys admin experience.
• Demonstrated experience developing training materials and delivering training in multiple modalities, experience in faculty development for online or hybrid teaching.
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and universal design principles, experience with web accessibility and UDL in online education.
• Familiarity with Open Education Resources.
• Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills with diverse constituencies.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently and collaboratively in project planning, implementation and assessment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports faculty development activities related to the delivery of high-quality instructional services.
Plans and implements workshops, seminars, colloquia, and other events for full- and part-time faculty to enhance skills and provide enrichment in support of improved educational results
Compiles data and reports on faculty activities and outcomes
Creates and maintains handbooks, instructions, web sites, and other materials to support faculty activities
Consults with faculty on a variety of issues including instructional design, general orientation, use of technology, preparing meaningful course materials, grant-writing, and collaboration with other institutions
May supervise professional and administrative staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary up to $71,988 based on qualifications and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 22098 or Title.
Internal applicants only.
December 3, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.