CUNY Academic Program Manager (Clinical Sites) - Medical Education in New York, New York
Academic Program Manager (Clinical Sites) - Medical Education
CUNY School of Medicine
The CUNY School of Medicine (CUNY SoM) at The City College of New York (CCNY) located in the heart of Harlem, is the only medical school in the City University of New York system and the only public medical school in Manhattan. Building upon 50 years of success as the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, we transitioned to the CUNY School of Medicine in 2017. The CUNY SoM offers an accelerated BS/MD (7-year program) and a Physician Assistant Master's Degree (27 months program). True to its legacy of access, opportunity, and community transformation, the medical school's mission remains to recruit exceptionally talented students as diverse as New York City itself. CUNY School of Medicine as the home of healers and leaders, places a special emphasis on the recruitment of those who are underrepresented in the field of medicine, and on training high quality, culturally competent health professionals and scientists equipped to address the healthcare needs of New York's medically under-served communities. As a major priority, CUNY School of Medicine also seeks to enhance the recruitment and retention of senior leadership, faculty, and staff to reflect the diversity of our student body more closely.
The Clinical Sites Manager will provide administrative oversight of the clinical education courses in the CUNY School of Medicine. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Clinical Medical Education, this position assumes a leadership role in establishing and maintaining partnerships between the Department of Medical Education and clinical facilities for the purpose of ensuring quality placements for all students in the BS/MD program. The school is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to medical education for under-represented groups.
In addition to the CUNY Title overview, duties will include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with course faculty to determine program-specific criteria for clinical facilities and assess potential clinical sites that would meet the program’s educational requirements.
• Collaborate with program leadership and clinical sites to develop, implement, and maintain longitudinal clinical placements, including the execution of relevant affiliation agreements with new sites, and tracking of existing agreements.
• Participate in the development of schedules for clinical courses and sites in collaboration with course directors, the Assistant Dean for Clinical Curricula, and the program registrar; interact with clinical sites to plan for and schedule student placements and rotations.
• Collaborate with the program faculty to develop program clinical policies.
• Monitor affiliate faculty appointments and onboarding processes in collaboration with relevant review committees and the school’s office of administration.
• Serve as a principal liaison between the School of Medicine and clinical sites; serve as a resource and support person for affiliate faculty, clerkship directors and preceptors.
• Coordinate orientation documents and sessions for affiliate faculty and students; clarify program and clinical site/preceptor expectations.
• Problem-solve challenges that arise at placement sites, and address student performance issues related to placement in collaboration with relevant faculty and clinical personnel.
• Participate in determining student clinical remediation plans in conjunction with course faculty.
• Conduct site visits to clinical sites to ensure that faculty and students are meeting course and facility expectations; attend meetings at clinical partner sites as required.
• In collaboration with the school’s primary clinical partner, ensure student health and background
information is current and arrives at relevant clinical agencies in a timely fashion.
• Collaborate with faculty and departmental staff in accreditation compliance activities.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the office.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
• Master's degree and minimum of 6 years relevant experience in higher education or health care environment
• Excellent organizational, time management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced
• Attention to detail, superior interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with a minimum of supervision
• Professional demeanor; ability to understand boundaries (with external agencies, institutions)
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff
• Experience serving as a primary liaison between two or more institutions or organizations
• Experience with regulatory and/or accreditation policies
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
May manage professional and/or clerical staff
May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefit from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Salary range:$67,784 - $79,188
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (25628) or Title (Academic Program Manager). Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled, with review of resumes to begin November 21, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.