CUNY Administrative Coordinator - Campus Operations in New York, New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Campus Operations
Job ID: 20939
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Director of Campus Operations, and will be responsible for supporting and assisting all areas of campus operations. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Administrative Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to:
• Create campus operations forms and assist in workflow and processing;
• Liaise with Facility Coordinator to ensure communication regarding campus ops projects;
• Assist with room reservation process including booking and revisions;
• Communicate fire training schedule to appropriate parties and track completion;
• Prepare and process documents for ID card approvals;
• Prepare and provide information for staff onboarding as related to campus operations;
• Ensure up to date campus data;
• Work with vendors as needed by the department;
• Triage and take action to remedy and respond to immediate facility issues; track and report facility issues to the Director of Campus Operations and/or Facilities Coordinator;
• Provide customer support by responding to inquiries and directing accordingly in-person, by ticket system, phone and email;
• Assist the Director of Campus Operations with special projects.
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Administrative support experience in a higher education environment;
• Strong understanding of file folders, file structure, and file organization;
• Experience utilizing electronic databases and basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
• High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels;
• Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated, and proactive.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
May supervise office staff and student workers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 20939 or Title.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
September 18, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.