CUNY Administrative Coordinator (Music) in New York, New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (Music)
Job ID: 22000
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Chair of the Hunter College Department of Music, the Administrative Coordinator will assist the Department Chair with all aspects of departmental administration including: personnel actions; budgeting, purchasing, and accounts payable; and function as a liaison to the other college offices. The successful candidate will manage the music department budgets, coordinate space and facilities and supervise department support staff and student assistants.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, Administrative Coordinator’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Maintain an updated and centralized budget of all departmental spending and allocations easily accessible by the chair; Process and monitor the budget for all scholarship awards for incoming and returning students; Prepare and monitor various budget allocations and prepare financial reports including budget projections.
• Coordinate, organize, and perform daily clerical and administrative duties; Provide administrative assistance to the department and serve as a liaison among students, faculty, staff, and other departments on campus, such as the financial aid office, human resources, etc.
• Schedule peer observations, course evaluations, and other required department activities.
• Coordinate faculty workload activities and textbook acquisitions.
• Draft internal and external communications.
• Schedule and coordinate program meetings, interviews, and draft minutes; Assist with the coordination of special programs and events.
• Supervise and ensure the approval of personnel actions and purchase requisitions; maintain compliance with College and University policies and contractual obligations.
• Execute payroll activities related to department full-time faculty, Temporary Services and College Assistants, the Teaching Adjunct appointments and Non-Teaching Appointments in AEMS.
• Process all payments related to the Tax and Non-Tax Levy and HC Foundation accounts.
• Work with the PeopleSoft/CUNYfirst system to perform the specified duties such as tracking faculty workload reporting, class permissions, running queries for financial projects such as OTPS and academic queries for such things as the schedule of classes and information on current music major and minor students.
• Prioritize and monitor music department website updates, in dialogue with the chair.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Two years of experience in an administrative setting, which included complex budget management and the supervision of personnel.
• Experience in higher education administration or a similar venue.
• Experience with the use of web-based student information management systems such as PeopleSoft/CUNYfirst will be given priority in consideration.
• Must have facility with all mainstream software such as those on the Windows platform and be able to manipulate budgets, spreadsheets, and scheduling. Equally important is the willingness to master CUNY- based software programs such as CUNYFirst.
• Knowledge of music is a plus.
• Must have superior interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communications skills in order to deal with faculty, students, college staff, service providers, and vendors.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
May supervise office staff and student workers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on July 13, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.