CUNY Administrative Coordinator to Chair- Physics & Astronomy Department (aHEO) in New York, New York
Administrative Coordinator to Chair- Physics & Astronomy Department (aHEO)
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Chairperson of the Physics and Astronomy Department, and will assist the department chairperson with all aspects of departmental administration including policies and procedures; course scheduling and instructor assignments; resolving student registration issues; record keeping; payroll; budgets; expenditures; requests and tracking for orders of support and supplies;
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Act as liaison for all HR related transactions, to include on boarding of new employees;
• Develop responses to internal and external inquiries; make appropriate referrals and ensure prompt resolutions;
• Maintain highly organized management and administrative systems, archives, and inventories for the department's activities;
• Draft correspondence, reports and memos on behalf of the Chair;
• Manage the Department Office; supervise College Assistants, and part-time personnel such as work-study students, interns, and other temporary staff;
• Oversee the administration of the various department spaces;
• Oversee the preparation and tracking of the faculty Workload in CUNYfirst;
• Produce and distributes multiple position reports; materials for Peer Observations, and materials for reappointment, promotion, tenure and personnel actions;
• Plan, organize and implement special events and projects as requested;
• Prepare timely and accurate internal and external communications, complex management documents, correspondence and reports in an appropriate manner;
• Prepare financial reports, including budget projections and requests, and monitor budget allocations and status;
• Provide support for ongoing assessment activities and assist with analysis of results and create reports; and
• Work with senior administration and office staff to manage ongoing projects, monitor follow up activities and deadlines.
• Work with chair-designated faculty or staff to carry out necessary tasks.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Strong understanding of file structure and file organization
Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of records, including preservation and protection
Experience using electronic databases
Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
May supervise office staff and student workers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience, within the approved range for this position ($43,540- $78,163).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment or https://cuny.jobs/ and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number.
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on December 6, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.