CUNY Administrative Coordinator in New York, New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 21068
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Strategy and Innovation, and also supporting the Associate Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Services and the operations of the Enrollment Management and Student Services unit, the Administrative Coordinator’s responsibilities include those indicated in the CUNY Title Overview, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinates complex calendaring functions for the Senior Associate Dean and the Associate Dean - individual calendars and unit operations calendars; meeting room reservations; prepares and distributes agendas, minutes, and supporting documents; requests appropriate technology set-up for conference rooms, receives guests and visitors, and, manages catering requests as necessary.
• Assists in research and preparation of reports and presentations based on information compiled, assists with trouble shooting unit issues; and, supports the documentation of office policies, procedures, workflows and processes.
• Drafts correspondence on behalf of supervisors including letters, memos, reports, and emails, and responds to requests for information.
• Provides, as needed, reception/welcome desk coverage in student services and enrollment management division; provides customer service; and, refers as necessary.
• Supports data entry needs, mailings, and updates of web content.
• Processes invoices and tracks expenses; coordinates conference registrations and related travel needs.
• Performs general clerical duties (photocopy, fax, mailings, scans, etc.) as needed and requested.
• Assists with special events planning when required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Excellent Excel skills; and, the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly;
• Prior experience providing administrative support to senior administration;
• Some experience working in a higher education environment;
• Some experience with updating web content;
• Excellent professional communication (written and verbal), judgment, and interpersonal skills;
• Highly organized and detailed-oriented person;
• Ability to follow directions and troubleshoot problems that may arise;
• Positive attitude, ability to take initiative where necessary, and strong work ethic;
• Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
May supervise office staff and student workers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $58,878.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21068 or Title.
September 19, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.