CUNY Administrative Officer for Entrepreneurial Initiatives in New York, New York
Administrative Officer for Entrepreneurial Initiatives
The position of Administrative Officer of Entrepreneurial Initiatives will advance Hunter College’s Strategic Plan objective of identifying new and creative opportunities to generate additional and alternative revenue streams to support educational goals. Reporting to the Vice President for Finance the Director will be responsible for working collaboratively across the college to identify and prioritize these opportunities and negotiate successful arrangements that maximize incremental income.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Administrative Officer of Entrepreneurial Initiatives will oversee the areas of continuing education and other non-degree educational programs, space rentals and intellectual property revenue optimization. Duties and areas of responsibility include:
• Research and assess online educational needs/opportunities and conceptualize, develop and implement a strategy for growth and improved profitability within Hunter’s Continuing Education non-degree academic and certificate programs.
• Evaluate Hunter’s real estate portfolio and leverage the College’s assets by implementing strategies to enhance retail, commercial, theatrical, common and academic space rental revenues;
• Advance the College’s visibility by identifying and implementing internal and external advertising opportunities;
• Recommend new and innovative business opportunities in order to generate new alternative revenue streams, and assessing the financial viability of those ventures;
• Oversee the planning, marketing and implementation of the College’s Continuing Education programs and identify opportunities to expand online non-degree, off term/summer and certificate educational offerings;
• Market online specific professional oriented certificate, undergraduate and graduate programs on a national level.
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required.
• Proven track record of identifying future business opportunities through both formal (RFP) and informal processes and developing strategies to fully exploit their potential;
• Ability to independently identify strategic needs, recourse key projects, develop recommendations, and lead change implementation;
• Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with a variety of internal stakeholders across various departments and external stakeholders, including potential partners, customers or suppliers.
• Strong project management and oral/written communications skills
• Excellent negotiations skills and ability to close transactions
• Knowledgeable of online learning pedagogy, strategies, technology and program development
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
As a senior staff member in a large academic or administrative department, division, or school, manages operations and administration, participates in planning and setting priorities, and oversees related projects to ensure their success.
Works with management to create short- and long-term business plans, including operational, organization, and financial aspects.
Works with management and others to develop and implement operating policies and procedures.
Manages the ongoing financial, operational, and staffing activities of the department.
Manages operating budget and performs analysis and reporting to support decision-making.
Oversees legal, safety, fiscal, and other compliance requirements.
Oversees facilities, technology, and materials utilized in the department, coordinating with appropriate Campus services.
Works with other Campus or University units to coordinate and plan fund-raising, grants, marketing, communications, and outreach activities.
Independently carries out a portfolio of responsibilities under the department's purview, such as managing committees, securing approvals, and providing communications.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Officer
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment or https://cuny.jobs/ and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number.
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on January 17, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.