CUNY Admissions Advisor - Admissions and Recruitment, Division of Student Affairs (Multiple Positions) in New York, New York
Job Title: Admissions Advisor - Admissions and Recruitment, Division of Student Affairs (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 21137
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Hunter College seeks an Admissions Advisor. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions, the Admissions Advisor coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include but not be limited to:
• Evaluate and post course equivalencies to CUNYFIRST which includes AP, CLEP, IB, A-level and College Now courses; review all transcripts for completeness and accuracy, resolve and correct any errors or inconsistencies
• Update and maintain transfer course equivalency rules in CUNYFIRST
• Advise students on all issues related to course transfer
• Coordinate the transfer course evaluation unit in the absence of the Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Course Evaluation
• Update and maintain the non-CUNY equivalency database (XCES)
• Represent the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment at information and evaluation events including Accepted Students Day.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate must demonstrate:
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaboratively interact as a member of a team
• Capacity to work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks
• A high level of organization and attention to detail
• Flexibility and resourcefulness working in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of applicable software applications; CUNYFIRST/PeopleSoft and Hobson’s CRM is a plus
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities.
Conducts open house sessions and orientations to ensure applicants are fully informed of requirements and processes
Assists in direct recruiting at high schools, community outreach events, and other appropriate locations
Provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, email, or letter
Maintains current information about College programs and degree requirements
Performs related duties as assigned
Job Title Name: Admissions Advisor
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience ($39,282- $42,407).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on October 14, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.