CUNY Admissions Coordinator (Silberman School of Social Work) in New York, New York
Job Title: Admissions Coordinator (Silberman School of Social Work)
Job ID: 21065
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
• Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Admissions office, identify problems and work with the Director on appropriate actions;
• Coordinate new student registration set-up and assist with the completion of student’s files.
• Assist with proofing of applications, update data in CUNYfirst, process non-degree applications, and assist in the maintenance of student files;
• Update student’s records in CUNYfirst and Apply Yourself
• Assist students with their documents and/or data problems;
• Coordinate admissions mailings to new students;
• Participate in workshops for special programs;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other department staff, students and the public
• Create and update content for webpages, bulletins and other social media communications to prospective students
• Help maintain student databases
• Assist with special events and other school-related activities
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must be sensitive to the needs of a diverse campus population;
• Skill in listening to issues and working to resolve problems
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Must possess excellent computer, organizational and time management skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
Represents the Admission Office to the college's internal and external communities as directed
Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on September 23, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.