CUNY Assistant Vice President for Academic Initiatives in New York, New York
Job Title: Assistant Vice President for Academic Initiatives
Job ID: 20671
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting directly to the President, The Assistant Vice President/Senior Advisor to the President for Student Success & Strategic Initiatives will oversee strategic initiatives, as well as function as a Senior Advisor on academic and student related matters.
The Senior Advisor to the President will be charged with leading the data-driven design, implementation, coordination, assessment and improvement of programs and initiatives to improve student success by undertaking the following responsibilities:
• Deliver senior level support to the President in order to facilitate student success
• Ensure effective and efficient management to all aspects of the pre-business, pre-health and pre-law programs, and the career development office, enabling students to achieve professional success post-graduation
• Guide and direct the CUNY 2X program, a program, which aims to create a technology talent pipeline for Hunter students, and other related programs
• Responsible for direct oversight of operational areas of the Scholar Programs including Macaulay and the Honors cohorts and the Office of Prestigious Scholarships
• Provide institutional leadership for developing, delivering and evaluating a cohesive and coordinated vision for student success
• Direct the operations of the Study Abroad program to include ensuring that the academic programming needs are met
• Serve as the central point of coordination for the CUNY Career Success Initiative, which will create an innovative and measurable career oriented programs, and other CUNY initiatives
• Secure new funding sources, including through overseeing grant applications and supervising fundraising activities to start up new programmatic initiatives
• Supervise the Student Engagement Fund
• Deliver quality programming to enhance student learning, development and success, and other student success initiatives
• Carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President
This position is in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience.
• Evidence of excellent leadership skills.
• Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and evaluating programs.
• Success in building collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders and partners across the campus.
• Ability to develop and implement successful, innovative program and course offerings in a higher education environment.
• Strong strategic, organizational, analytic and planning skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of pedagogy, instructional design, and online learning in higher education.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively integral with a wide range of constituents and stakeholder.
Assistant Vice President
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on June 28, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.