CUNY Associate Director for Alumni Engagement and Special Projects (Alumni Relations, Office of Instituti in New York, New York
Job Title: Associate Director for Alumni Engagement and Special Projects (Alumni Relations, Office of Institutional Advancement)
Job ID: 20771
Location: Hunter College
The Associate Director for Alumni Engagement and Special Projects will be responsible for overseeing and developing Hunter’s alumni engagement efforts as well as planning and execution of special initiatives. This individual will report to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and will work with the Executive Director for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. This person will oversee key alumni engagement initiatives including our flagship mentoring program and engagement of special constituencies such as our Hunter Macaulay Alumni. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of several key 150th related projects including the Hunter 150th Website, the 150th Commemorative Anthology Book, The Hunter College Oral History Project as well as a series of events throughout the year designed to engage alumni and donors in the 150th Anniversary.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include but not be limited to:
• Increase participation in the alumni mentoring program for students and alumni through utilization of the online alumni community, face to face meetings and networking events.
• Develop and implement a plan to engage our Macaulay alumni leading to increased participation in Hunter activities and annual giving.
• With the Annual Fund Director, develop a plan to engage students and build a more robust student philanthropy program.
• Oversee development related projects that highlight and commemorate the college’s history as one of CUNY’s longest standing institutions
• Serve as project manager, liaising with the President’s office and our documentary film company, on our Oral History project as well as a documentary project.
• Serve as primary liaison for website with facilities and web design team.
• Provide direction and research for the Hunter Anthology Website, by working with researchers and our archives to source and vet materials for the site.
• Work with Special Events and Alumni Relations on events for student body, alumni and donors. Assure alignment of these events around larger strategic goals of the President’s Office.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College's alumni relations activities and promotes an active and engaged alumni base.
Implements and monitors comprehensive alumni relations program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
Participates in developing strategy; oversees programmatic and administrative support to increase involvement among alumni
Develops and manages an annual schedule of reunion events and other alumni activities; oversees alumni communications
Works collaboratively with other areas of the College to promote and improve alumni participation
Prepares reports and presentations evaluating outcomes of department events and activities
Cultivates and maintains relationships with alumni donors and volunteers
Supervises office operations; administers department and/or events budget(s)
May manage professional and/or clerical staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Alumni Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on June 27, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.