CUNY Associate Director of Continuing Education in New York, New York
Associate Director of Continuing Education
City College of New York
Add to My Favorite Jobs
The Associate Director of Continuing Education will report to the Dean of the Division of Interdisciplinary Studies at The City College of New York.
In addition to the CUNY title overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
• Manage the operations of Continuing Education, oversee the budget, proposes policies, develops new programs and markets existing programs
• Responsible for the development and management of continuing education and outreach initiatives
• Works closely with the administration and other departments in the College
• Develop innovative and attractive educational programs for adult learners in three general areas: workforce development, adult basic education and recreation
• Create and maintain bridge into the college and university through the CUNY Language Immersion Programs, City College’s ESL program and CCNY admissions
• Develop plans for the establishment of professional development programs, including creditbearing courses
• Write and submit grant proposals for funding for community related educational programs and adult education
• Research new sources for funding and create alliances for funding through strategic partnerships
• Guide the development and implementation of marketing plans, outreach and recruitment strategies
• Lead, train, manage and supervise full and part time staff of the Adult and Continuing Education Office
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience.
• MA degree preferred. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Adult and Continuing Education Programs.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the Continuing Education Office and designs, develops, and implements instructional programs and activities, coordinating with other College support systems.
Oversees the general operation of the Continuing Education Office; hires and manages staff; oversees registration, payments, and other office activities
Designs and makes recommendations to Director for academic, outreach, general training, and certificate programs
Develops and writes grant proposals
Hires faculty and coordinates teaching schedules
Observes classes, analyzes student evaluations, and performs faculty evaluations
Orients new faculty and acts as liaison to resolve faculty issues
Plans and implements advertising campaigns and designs marketing and other program materials
Maintains financial information such as tuition payments, material costs, and faculty payroll
Develops mailing lists and analyzes marketing strategies and student profiles
Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Office and other internal and external units on co-operative and co-sponsored programs.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $67,784 - $90,375. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
Search for Job Opening ID number: 27034
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin July 12,2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.