CUNY Clerkship Coordinator (Academic Program Coord.) - Medical Education in New York, New York
Job Title: Clerkship Coordinator (Academic Program Coord.) - Medical Education
Job ID: 20685
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY), is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Our innovative curriculum allows students to complete both their undergraduate Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degrees in seven years. CSOM will graduate its first MED class in 2020. CSOM also has a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies (P.A.). Our mission is to provide access to medical education to talented youth from social, ethnic, and racial backgrounds historically underrepresented in medicine and to develop health professionals committed to practicing in under-served communities with a special emphasis on primary care. It has a reputation for excellence that has earned national acclaim for performance and a broad network of clinical sites for clerkships.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Clinical Curriculum, the Clerkship Coordinator will coordinate educational activities for the Department of Medical Education. The Clerkship Coordinator will provide administrative support for various aspects of the clinical clerkship across multiple clinical sites (hospitals). He/She will regularly communicate with students, faculty, staff and other key stakeholders regarding logistics and requirements of the clerkship program.
In addition to the CUNY Title overview, the duties include:
• Maintain organization and records for all program and departmental activities; manage database of M3 Students; prepare and post clerkship materials in academic management systems
• Liaise with students, residents, and faculty to provide assistance with various issues including, course support, Blackboard access, clerkship location, evaluation process and other related concerns; assistance to be provided during and after the clerkship
• Develop working relationships with the Clerkship Directors, Office Medical Education, Office of Student Affairs, Registrar, and other clerkship coordinators
• Download student logs of required patient experiences (from LCMS+) and record # patient encounters, online evaluations, attendance records and submit to clerkship director
• Arrange meetings and facilitate communication between the Clerkship Director and students, residents, faculty and other Department of Medical Education staff
• Coordinate seminars and reserve rooms and distribute course materials to lecturers, preceptors and students
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Two years’ experience in medical education (preferably in a hospital setting) highly desired
• Working knowledge of the LCMS+ on-line Diagnosis Tracking System and Educational Evaluation System
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with faculty, staff, and students
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with all levels of faculty and staff, both within and beyond CSOM
• Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and accurately complete tasks independently
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides basic operational and analytical support related to a College's specialized academic program.
Supports the directors and managers with orientation preparation, student advisement regarding program requirements, and providing basic information about financial aid and registration
Manages office records including faculty files; prepares reports and surveys; collects and maintains statistical data on program activities
Serves as liaison to various College offices to provide service delivery and appropriate referrals to students
Collects and reviews syllabi to ensure compliance with standards
Serves as resource person for students and faculty regarding program policies and procedures
May supervise office operations and/or monitor department budget
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
-Click the link "employment"
-Click the link "browse job openings"
-Search for this vacancy using the Job ID 20685
-Select "Apply Now"
-Log in or create a new user account
-Apply for the position
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
July 4, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.