CUNY College Assistant (Hourly) - School of Medicine in New York, New York
College Assistant (Hourly) - School of Medicine
CUNY School of Medicine
Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as
Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,
operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,
act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
Acts as cashier.
Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Department of Community Health and Social Medicine (CHASM) plays a critical and leading role in our mission-driven BS/MD program aimed at recruiting those who are under-represented in medicine and producing broadly educated, highly skilled primary care practitioners to provide patient-centered community-oriented care to underserved communities. The Medical School’s curriculum is centered on a comprehensive effort to educate our students in the social, economic, political, and behavioral determinants of health and disease, with a focus on population health, community engagement, health care policy and eliminating health inequities. The Department research agenda is centered on advancing health equity and eliminating racial and other intersecting inequities through chronic disease epidemiology, health behavior, upstream health policy and systems, health services and community-based research.
The CHASM department is seeking a part-time College Assistant to provide support of departmental operations and activities, including activities related to research administration. Reporting directly to the Administrative Specialist in the Department of Community Health and Social Medicine, duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records, operate office machines (such as
copier), sort and distribute mail, act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
• Acts as front desk receptionist, answering telephone and email inquiries; assists student walk-ins and provides excellent in-person
customer service to faculty and students.
• Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials; keeps accurate, well-organized records.
• May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
• Maintains confidentiality as required by assignments or as directed by the supervisor.
• Provides direct administrative support for Evaluation in Healthcare Settings course during the summer.
• Review course support requests and tasks assigned in LEO (Healthcare Platform)
• Assists in performing administration duties and tasks related to research activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Administrative Specialist.
Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year. Employment period is for 6 months with no guarantee of re-appointment.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
• High School diploma or GED
• 2 years relevant work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness to learn and be trained
• CUNY Research Foundation experience is a plus
$15.61 - $25.51 per hour
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply.
If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November, 8, 2021.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.