CUNY Communications and College Relations Manager in New York, New York
Job Title: Communications and College Relations Manager
Job ID: 19040
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY), is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Our innovative curriculum allows students to complete both their undergraduate Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degrees in seven years. CSOM will graduate its first MED class in 2020. CSOM also has a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies (P.A.). Our mission is to provide access to medical education to talented youth from social, ethnic, and racial backgrounds historically underrepresented in medicine and to develop health professionals committed to practicing in under-served communities with a special emphasis on primary care. It has a reputation for excellence that has earned national acclaim for performance and a broad network of clinical sites for clerkships.
The Communications and College Relations Manager will support the CSOM brand and create, manage, implement, and assess a comprehensive communications plan for the school. The preferred candidate will work with CSOM leadership, development/alumni and web development staff, as well as college-wide communications and marketing staff to support CSOM’s communications and marketing goals. The Communications Manager will demonstrate evidence of fostering collaborative partnerships by working with internal and external stakeholders to support and advance the school’s mission. This position will report to the CSOM Chief of Staff.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Manage and help to implement a successful and integrated communications program using multiple mediums in a timely and consistent fashion. This may include, but not be limited to, brand guidelines, e-newsletters, news magazine, social media, e-blasts, press releases, letters to the editor, opinion pieces, year-end-reminders, annual reports, web pages, invitations, and assist with campaign materials, donor publications, development proposals and e-communications, stewardship reports, and gift acknowledgements.
• Create and lead a branding and marketing effort for the growing school. Ensure a consistent narrative is executed to increase brand and name recognition and presence in all mediums including coordinated marketing efforts to ensure consistency with broader college marketing and branding efforts.
• Write and/or oversee the writing of internal and external communications, including articles for website, special announcements.
• Help strengthen school’s visibility in regional and national media by serving as the main liaison with The City College of New York Office of Communications and Marketing.
• Aid in strategic outreach with CSOM departments and external stakeholders.
• Manage social media activities with key internal and external stakeholders, including creating and posting content, monitoring and listening, and, in consultation with supervisor, responding to incoming messaging.
• Assist in the management of advancement and other school content on website to ensure consistent messaging.
• Assist staff with creation of promotional materials for recruitment, events and conferences.
• Coordinate relationships with vendors supporting communications initiatives.
• Measure the effectiveness of CSOM communications qualitatively and quantitatively; adapt communications to optimize outcomes.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
• Master’s degree preferred, in marketing, public relations, communications, organizational leadership, or a related field.
• Six years of full-time professional experience in communications, constituent relations, non-profit management, marketing, branding or related experience in a service-oriented field, preferably in a higher education environment.
• Web development and/or graphic design experience is preferred.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications. Experience using alumni/donor databases and experience preparing reports and presentations highly desirable.
• Proficiency with electronic communications, social media, and website tools strongly preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated abilities in consensus building.
• Professional demeanor with flexibility and solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, respond to and manage multiple projects and demands while meeting strict deadlines.
• Should have the capability to see the “big picture” and small details of projects, with excellent follow-through.
• Ability to attend and help with occasional weekend and evening events required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Establishes and maintains communication and ongoing working relationships with outside organizations and manages the design, implementation, and management of communications to support College visibility and recognition.
Represents the College to a portfolio of external organizations
Plans and implements communications campaigns, working with publications staff
Applies an understanding of the concerns of external organizations to develop short- and long-range plans to advance the College's position and support community/public identified needs
Plans and implements major activities such as conferences, collaborative partnerships, and educational programs to support identified needs and issues
Identifies and develops new audiences and communities to further the mission of the College
Develops and implements advertising and communications campaigns, working with publications and editorial personnel
Maintain relationships with media representatives
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications and College Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit www.cuny.edu
• Click the link "employment"
• Click the link "browse job openings"
• Search for this vacancy using the Job ID 19040
• Select "Apply Now"
• Log in or create a new user account
Apply for the position by uploading your resume and cover letter.
The following file formats for your resume and cover letter are preferred: .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .rtf
Open until filled, with resume review to begin on August 9, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.