CUNY Director of Cash Management and Accounts Payable - Division of Business Office (Finance and Business Affairs Director) in New York, New York
Job Title: Director of Cash Management and Accounts Payable - Division of Business Office (Finance and Business Affairs Director)
Job ID: 22064
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Director of Cash Management and Accounts Payable will report to the Exec Dir of Business Finance. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Director of Cash Management and Accounts Payable will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
· Oversee the daily functions of the Cash Management and Accounts Payable Departments and manage a staff of nine;
· Plan, implement and evaluate the review of grant payroll check register and non-tax levy check register edits prior to check issuance;
· Oversee the review of wire transfers from the General Fund and other bank accounts administered by the College, and guarantee processing is in accordance with established procedures;
· Lead and perform the preparation of financial statements for non-tax levy and Income Fund Reimbursable accounts;
· Establish and clarify policies and procedures for all expenditures so as the college adheres to and complies with Internal Revenue Service and New York State and City regulations and requirements;
· Ensure adequate review of all tax levy and non-tax levy travel reimbursements for faculty and staff;
· Plan and execute the coordination and preparation of Pre-audit payment vouchers over $5,000 before being submitted to New York State for processing;
· Liaise with the New York State Department of Audit and Control, the New York City Comptroller's Office and the University Accounting Office on procedures and problems as they evolve;
· Collaborate with the Accounting, Budget and Purchasing Departments on all related matters to help with cross organizational success;
· Act as a central point of contact for Business Office with academic department heads, administrative directors and faculty with requests, inquiries and problems; and provide feedback on initial request prioritization performed by Business Unit representatives;
· Partner with Purchasing and Contracts to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all payments to consultants, contracted by the Offices of the President and Vice President through the various funding sources utilized; and
· Support external and internal (State, City and CUNY) audit reviews.
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required. Supervisory experience with increasing responsibility in a finance setting, preferably with a public sector institution.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs financial and administrative operations of a College or major program.
Oversees financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner and complies with various legal regulations and University policies
Develops financial forecasting models to support strategic planning aligned with goals and initiatives
Recommends and implements strategic college-wide policies to ensure financial compliance is maintained
Oversees business analyses, budget projections, allocations, financial statements, and statistical reports
Develops and manages relationships in regard to fiduciary responsibilities with external institutions, including government agencies, corporations, and funding entities
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on May 3, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.