CUNY Enrollment Registrar Director (Office of the Registrar, Division of Student Affairs) in New York, New York
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Director (Office of the Registrar, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 23074
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Enrollment Registrar Director will report to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Enrollment Registrar Director will be responsible for the following duties:
• Lead the administrative and operational activities of the Registrar's Office, as well as define and develop core business processes, policies, and procedures.
• Primary steward of all official collegiate academic records who manages all academic information; maintains/ensures the integrity, accuracy, confidentiality, and security of all related documents in accordance with FERPA guidelines; and ensures compliance with University and College academic policies and procedures, as well as compliance with Federal and State laws. Furthermore, the Registrar serves as an advocate for the student body, and partners with College and University offices/departments to develop, implement, and enforce academic policies and procedures. The Registrar supervises graduation and certification of all degrees, enrollment and degree verification, production of official transcripts, diplomas, and commencement program.
Key responsibilities including the aforementioned general duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a resource for matters related to curriculum, academic standards, interpretation of transfer credit, and graduation in partnership with various College and University academic and administrative offices.
• Manage and direct compliance with Federal, State, and City record keeping.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff, College Council, and Curriculum and other standing committees to oversee and enforce academic policies consistently and accurately.
• Collaborate with all members of the College and University communities to provide exemplary services to students.
• Contribute to an environment where student success is supported through effective problem resolution.
• Serve on various College and University-wide academic and administrative committees.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Experience in a leadership role in a Registrar's Office, including management of staff members.
• Use of PeopleSoft (preferred) or other related ERP System.
• Ability to be an effective communicator with academic departments, students, faculty, deans, and all other constituents who look for support from the Registrar's Office.
• Effective leadership skills that motivate staff members in a supportive environment while setting clear expectations that projects and output must meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a high paced environment, with attention to details and adherence to academic and administrative policies.
• Ability to design and execute effective and creative solutions to problems.
• Possess excellent oral and writing communication skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College registration operations and serves as Registrar.
Provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
Develops strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
Oversees a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; recommends and administers enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
Assesses outcomes and formulates responses to meet established goals and objectives; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
Manages professional and clerical staff as well as department budget
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment or https://cuny.jobs/ and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number.
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï
, –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please include:
• Cover Letter or Statement of scholarly interests
• Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
• Names and contact information of 3 references
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on December 6, 2021 . Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.