CUNY Enrollment Registrar Director in New York, New York
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Director
Job ID: 19751
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY), is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Our innovative curriculum allows students to complete both their undergraduate Bachelor of Science (BS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) degrees in seven years. CSOM will graduate its first MD class in 2020. CSOM also has a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies (PA). Our mission is to provide access to medical education to talented youth from social, ethnic and racial backgrounds historically underrepresented in medicine and to develop health professionals committed to practicing in under-served communities with a special emphasis on primary care. As a growing school, our philanthropic areas of growth will be in student scholarships and support to our educational and research missions.
The Registrar effectively manages a service-oriented Registrar's Office that balances technology and quality data with efficient, convenient, and professional services that support the College's curriculum. CSOM seeks an experienced, dynamic and student-centered professional to lead the operation of the Office of the Registrar, ensuring the academic integrity and security of all student records. The Registrar reports to the Deputy for the Medical School.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include:
• Oversee all administrative, technical and operational activities pertaining to student registration, maintenance of student academic records, degree audits, degrees awarded, diploma production and distribution, security, and data integrity
• Develop strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
• Plan, design and coordinate the freshman registration process, including verification of CCNY admission process, course selection advisement and advisement of AP and college transfer credit information. Design freshman registration block programs, and make arrangements with CCNY academic departments in creating Pathways course section to meet freshmen’s complex course schedules.
• Supervise full-time and part-time staff; leading the hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and professional development
• Provide leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
• Implement curriculum changes, when planning the School’s Class Schedules
• Provide graduates with certification of medical education for Medical License applications
• Serve as the CCNY FACTS Advisor for Sophie Davis students
• Oversee a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; develops and implements enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
• Assess outcomes and formulates responses; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
• Ensure reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
• Oversee the Budget Process as it relates to the Office of the Registrar
• Provide access, training and guidance on use of CUNYFIRST
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
• Master's degree in higher education, educational administration, or information systems preferred
• Managerial experience in Higher Education in a Registrar-related role
• Strong computer skills, including work with integrated information management/extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst) or other records systems, in the area usually encompassed by Registrar operations highly desirable
• A working knowledge of governmental and accrediting regulations, including FERPA, Veterans’ Administration, and NCAA regulations
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College registration operations and serves as Registrar.
Provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
Develops strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
Oversees a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; recommends and administers enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
Assesses outcomes and formulates responses to meet established goals and objectives; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
Manages professional and clerical staff as well as department budget
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
• Click the link "employment"
• Click the link "browse job openings"
• Search for this vacancy using the Job ID 19751
• Select "Apply Now"
• Log in or create a new user account
• Apply for the position
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Open until filled, with resume review to begin on December 17, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.