CUNY Events Coordinator in New York, New York
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Job ID: 22876
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator, will assist in the planning and execution of the School’s institutional and public events. And in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, will:
• Coordinate the planning and execution of special events, e.g., new student orientation and first year experience events, public programming, Commencement activities, convocations, and other institutional events.
• Create and monitor event timelines and budgets; research and interact with external vendors; collaborate with facilities, security, and IT/audio/visual staff; maintain event management system; coordinate creation, printing, mailing and personalization of event materials, invitations, confirmations, programs, event logistics (venue/set up/registration/recruiting attendees/development of collateral materials); assist in addressing accessibility and VIP requests; and, produce post-event evaluations and reports.
• Assist with audience development research and the creation of event registration sites and communications in both Swoogo and Constant Contact.
• Coordinate all post-event follow up, including submission of video files for processing, sending post-event emails, posting video links to event websites, and confirming post-event reporting.
• Assists in procurement for department, including researching vendors, creating purchase requests and coordinating with the finance department on POs and payments.
• Communicate with internal and external constituencies before, during, and after events, maintaining positive relationships and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
• Research additional venues as necessary.
• Manage inventory of event supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Two years related experience in marketing and event planning.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Portfolio of work showcasing experience with event coordination.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent judgment, diplomacy, discretion, attention to detail, strong work ethic.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
• Creative, proactive, hospitality-centered thinking.
• Highly organized and able to communicate information quickly and clearly across all levels of the University.
• Ability to network and build strong working relationships campus-wide.
• Occasional night and weekend hours and local off-site work required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in planning, preparing for, and executing special events of various kinds.
Assists in logistical and program planning for seminars, conferences, and special events.
Represents unit to internal and external organizations and vendors, handling many inquiries independently.
Organizes correspondence, accounts, contracts, and billing for all events.
Creates and distributes marketing communications and materials; create and distribute any required event materials.
Coordinates invitations, reservations, and ticket arrangements as needed; manages travel arrangements and/or special guest requirements.
Assures technology and equipment are available as needed and operate properly.
Collects information to evaluate program/event success, and report results to management.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $61,162.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 22876 or Title.
Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter.
October 26, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.