CUNY Executive Director of Institutional Research (Interim) in New York, New York
Job Title: Executive Director of Institutional Research (Interim)
Job ID: 22205
Location: City College of New York
The Interim Executive Director of Institutional Research and Planning at the City College of New York reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Interim Executive Director is responsible for guiding the collection and analysis of data on a wide range of institutional activities for internal and external constituents and producing required periodic reports and special studies. The Interim Executive Director is part of the president’s cabinet. The Director oversees special reports and/or studies including, but not limited to, the Middle States PRR and Self-Study documents, studies of enrollment, academic momentum, retention, scholarly and artistic productivity, space utilization, workload reporting, and other areas where analyses will contribute to fact-based decision-making at the college.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive program of data collection, institutional research, assessment and planning designed to support the mission of the College, meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders, and inform data driven decision-making throughout the College
• Stay up to date with current research, trends and innovative practices in higher education and develop predictive analytics in collaboration with the Division of Information Technology to support college-wide strategic goals, objectives and initiatives
• Serve as institutional data director to ensure timely reporting of institutional data, benchmarks, and other performance indicators necessary to meet reporting requirements by external entities and internal stakeholders and report data in annual college factbook
• Provide expert consultation to College personnel on data management and data analysis and interpretation and recommend changes to improve data quality and integrity
• Direct analytical studies on student enrollment, retention, and graduation in support on enrollment initiatives and disseminate relevant research findings to internal and external constituencies
• Direct annual survey research projects, including but not limited to NSSE, CIRP, and CUNY surveys
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of Institutional Research planning and assessment including budget development and administration, supervision and evaluation of direct reports
• Support institutional planning and goal-setting by assessing the college’s strategic plan and ensure that the strategic plan is integrated with college, CUNY and state planning initiatives
• Serve on CUNY and college-wide committees as assigned; other duties as assigned by the Provost
• Directs institutional research programs and contributes to academic program planning, evaluation, and other activities related to the College's mission.
• Works collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measures of student success and learning
• Designs and oversees research efforts with an institutional scope and assists departments and offices with focused research needs
• Coordinates program reviews and accreditation reporting
• Manages institutional research data systems and other resources
• Maintains standard management information and official statistics for internal and external reporting
• Develops procedures to support analytical, planning, and assessment functions in student and academic areas
• Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
Master's or Doctoral degree. Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills preferred. Experience with research methods in the following are also preferred:
• Statistical analysis interpretation and visualization to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders
• Data management, extraction, and processing of both structured and unstructured datasets
• Statistical software (including SQL; Python or R)
• Business Intelligence reporting tools and relational databases
• Commitment to City College’s mission, as the first college explicitly founded on the ideal of educating the 'whole people,' providing a high quality and affordable education, staying at the forefront of social change
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More search options"
Search by Job Opening ID number
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
April 9, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.