CUNY Experiential Learning Specialist in New York, New York
Job Title: Experiential Learning Specialist
Job ID: 21747
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Reporting to the Experiential Learning Manager, the experiential Learning Specialist’s duties, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, will include but are not limited to:
• Provide guidance to current and prospective students about Credit for Prior Learning policies and options, using CUNY technologies such as DegreeWorks and CUNYfirst as needed;
• Research and evaluate professional licenses and credentials for credit recommendation;
• Identify transferability of prior learning for credit;
• Liaise with registrar regarding application of prior learning credit;
• Provide information sessions for students, faculty, and staff;
• Facilitate Experiential Learning Seminars as needed;
• Collaborate with the offices of Development and Career Services to identify internship partners;
• Maintain accurate student and program records;
• Create and maintain up to date Credit for Prior Learning site content;
• Respond and track inquiries regarding Credit for Prior Learning;
• Provide administrative support for the Credit for Prior Learning program;
• Collaborate with internal CUNY SPS departments and with external partners.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• At least two years of relevant experience in a higher education setting providing advisement to a diverse, non-traditional student population;
• Some experience with credit for prior learning;
• Proven experience providing excellent customer service support;
• Experience with the Blackboard LMS platform;
• Experience with online learning;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Advanced Excel
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to take initiative in directing own work, as well as working efficiently and effectively with others.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides educational development activities supporting a targeted academic program.
Assists in developing and preparing program offerings, curricula, guidelines, and related communications
Promotes program and advises students and College stakeholders on services, policies, and procedures
Advises faculty, counselors, tutors, administrators and others on program goals, activities, and best practices
Provides student services such as workshops, seminars, and advising sessions
Coordinates efforts of faculty, staff, and other service providers to monitor and assess utilization, student progress, and program effectiveness
Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $75,110.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21747 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attached resume and cover letter.
March 2, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.