CUNY Finance Specialist – CREST Institute and NOAA CESSRST Center – The Grove School of Engineering in New York, New York
Finance Specialist – CREST Institute and NOAA CESSRST Center – The Grove School of Engineering
City College of New York
Add to My Favorite Jobs
The Finance Specialist will support the payments and budgets tracking for the CUNY CREST Institute. One of the major responsibilities of this position is for the NOAA-Center for Earth System Sciences and Remote Sensing Technologies (NOAA CESSRST) at City College of New York. This position will also support other affiliated CREST Institute awards and programs as well. The CREST Institute Finance Specialist will be responsible for tracking budgets, processing of payments to student and staff, payment of invoices, and support the financial administration of the CREST institute and NOAA CESSRST Center.
The Finance Specialist will report to the Director of the NOAA CESSRST Center and CUNY CREST Instituteat The City College of New York. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Finance Specialist duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with CUNY CREST Institute and NOAA CESSRST directors and management to maintain and monitor the financial administration of the CUNY-CREST Institute and NOAA CESSRST
• Support budget planning and budget administration, purchasing, hiring, and execution of sub-awards and subcontracts
• Complete queries, budget reconciliation, transfers and budget reports, assist in reconciliation and tracking of the budgets/grants and troubleshooting/resolving budget inquiries in a
timely manner;proficient in fiscal software
• Process payments for Student and Faculty Support and invoices
• Demonstrate excellent communication – oral and written skills
• Resolve routine and complex problems with minimal consultation; handle multiple assignments and prioritize in a constantly changing work environment
• Use advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Banner, SharePoint and other such collaborative learning management systems, combined with experience in financial database
• Manage multiple project assignments and work effectively to meet deadlines and if needed communicate the need for temporary additional resources to meet deadlines
• Work with the NOAA CESSRST Center students’ recruitment and admission team to develop and manage students’ fiscal database, including stipends, travels, registration fees and
• Conduct analytical and logistical activities as assigned by the management, in support of the annual financial planning and budget process
• Contribute to the student and fiscal management dashboard on the NOAA CESSRST CenterManagement Information System
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Master’s degree in finance preferred
Minimum of 3 years of experience providing senior level administrative and professional program support, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Banner or another relevant program
Demonstrate expertise in oral and written communication skills andexcellent communication
Advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Banner, SharePoint and other such collaborativelearning management systems, combined with experience in financial database management
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates financial matters for a program or department under management direction.
Maintains financial accounts for income and spending; administers the allocation of funds
Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
Manages the collection of revenue and accounts receivable
Tracks and maintains financial data to provide fiscal reports to management; produces forecasting projections
Monitors the financial condition of operating centers to ensure efficient use of resources
Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary
May supervise subordinate staff
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More search options"
Search by Job Opening ID number 23968
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin on April 5, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.