CUNY Financial Aid Specialist (Financial Aid, Division of Student Affairs) in New York, New York
Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist (Financial Aid, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 22514
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Financial Aid Specialist will report to the Financial Aid Manager. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Financial Aid Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
• Supports timely advising, awarding, distribution, reconciliation and advising services of Financial Aid to eligible students by using knowledge of current and new technology
• Assists in the development and implementation of office policies and procedures
• Develops and creates reports for the CUNYfirst system Financial Aid module
• Researches and resolves CUNYfirst related problems and conduct CUNYfirst training
• Represents the financial aid office and the college at various meetings both on and off campus.
• Participates in student workshops and orientation
• Flexible schedule during peak periods. Be available for evening and weekends as needed.
• Keeps abreast of financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required.
• Knowledge of student financial aid (Federal and State) regulations, processes and systems and work experience in the financial aid office.
• Strong analytical, research, and technical skills to evaluate and use data in planning and decision making
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Comprehensive understanding of CUNYFirst or PeopleSoft database structure
• Familiar with web-based navigation and writing reports (PS Query) for relational databases and work with large databases
• Working knowledge of ERP systems or specifically PeopleSoft database, Microsoft Excel, Access and Powerpoint is required
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers and supervises financial aid programs and operations.
Reviews contracts, disbursements, tuition and fees; validates student eligibility for various programs
Administers, monitors and troubleshoots CUNY financial aid systems as well as Federal and NY State systems in order to ensure integrity of student databases and timely and accurate delivery of funds
Assists CUNY staff, applicants, and students/families with advice on financial aid issues and eligibility
May review and reconcile student payroll processing
Represents the Financial Aid function at Admissions events; works with academic departments as well as Bursar, Registrar, Admissions and Computing offices to assure staff understand and implement financial aid processes correctly
Assists in the development and evaluation of Admissions processes
Prepares documentation, instructions, and materials in various media to support financial aid activities
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on July 14, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.