CUNY HR Coordinator - Faculty, Research, and CLT Staff Services in New York, New York
HR Coordinator - Faculty, Research, and CLT Staff Services
City College of New York
Add to My Favorite Jobs
This position will report to the HR Associate Director for Teaching Instructional, CLT, Graduate Assistant and Research Staff Services at The City College of New York. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the HR Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Coordinate recruitment and onboarding processes including job postings in the CUNY Talent Acquisition Management module, advertise postings in external job boards in collaboration with departments, the Provosts Office and the Office of Diversity and Compliance in accordance with the union contracts and CUNY guide lines
• Review all new hire paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness. Confirm employment eligibility and degree credentials using Degree Verify and E-Verify. Schedule and conduct on boarding meetings with new hires including 30, 60, and 90-day check-ins
• Disseminate applicable new hire onboarding and employee off boarding paperwork to Benefits, Business Data Analyst. Create new hire personnel files
• Assist and provide guidance to hiring managers across campus regarding recruitment, on boarding, offboarding process
• Assist with management and tracking of new hire work VISA and immigration requests including preparation of U.S. Custom and Immigration Services petitions
• Schedule and conduct off-boarding meetings and interviews with employees separating from the College following CUNY and College procedure. Confirm Professor Emeritus Status as part of Offboarding process
• Provide information, confirm eligibility and manage tracking sheet for academic leaves
• Assist with performing audits of CUNYfirst and PayServ to ensure that personnel actions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
• Serve as point of contact for faculty, research and CLT titles. Maintain high level customer service and respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner
Assistant to HEO
Bachelor's Degree required.
At least 2 years of HR experience
Knowledgeable of Microsoft Excel
Excellent verbal, writing, and analytical ability
Growth mindset and strong attention to detail
Aptitude for problem-solving
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Salary Range: $ 44,411 – 68,245
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hired on or after October 1, 2022 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hired on or after October 1, 2022 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period.
If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period. An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent, must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
-Go to https://cuny.jobs/
Search for Job Opening ID number: 27052
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with application review to begin July 13,2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.