CUNY HR Coordinator in New York, New York
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Job ID: 22765
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
This is an excluded position.
Reporting to the HR Manager/Deputy Director, the HR Coordinator will support the Human Resources Office in carrying out its mission of recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce, being customer-centric, and, sustaining an environment where all employees feel respected, motivated and inspired to excel.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the HR Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with interdepartmental projects and initiatives including but not limited to: onboarding of part-time titles, completion of all employment inquiries and verifications, tuition waiver process – routing and follow ups, web content updates – monitoring and creating content, maintenance and security of HR files – both physical and electronic, CUNYfirst data entry and employment life cycle processes, and events;
• Monitoring the HR vanity email and appropriately routing inquiries, following up with timely responses, escalating as necessary and appropriate;
• Providing LinkedIn Learning support – tracking licenses, addition of new employees, offboarding employees, helping to brainstorm monthly LinkedIn Learning themes, etc.;
• Researching and preparing reports and/or presentations;
• Creating and monitoring unique HR communication and listserv;
• Monitoring the onboarding and offboarding portal;
• Coordinating 30,60 and 90 day check-ins with new FT employees;
• Providing administrative and light calendaring support to the HR Director and Deputy Director;
• Cross training in all areas to provide support as needed.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate should have:
• Experience working in human resources or higher education setting
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Forms)
• Some experience with CUNYfirst or PeopleSoft
• Experience developing and maintaining various tracking systems
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience with web design and content management
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides information and services to the College community to support the Human Resources function.
Prepares and executes various personnel transactions involving employee recordkeeping, processing of new hires, pay administration, and recruiting
Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements relevant to human resources
Organizes and processes employee information; develops and maintains reports and queries; assures data accuracy and completeness
Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues, follows up and responds to employee inquiries
Assists HR managers with employee communications of all kinds; may prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions, or update web pages
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $61,162.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 22765 or Title.
Applicants should attach a resume and cover letter.
October 4, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.