CUNY Instructional Design Specialist (IT Academic Technology Specialist) in New York, New York
Job Title: Instructional Design Specialist (IT Academic Technology Specialist)
Job ID: 21267
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Faculty Development and Instructional Technology, the Instructional Design Specialist will assist with the development of high quality online courses that facilitate achievement of student learning outcomes. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties include but are not limited to:
• Design and deliver technology solutions to meet pedagogical needs;
• Work with faculty to develop courses that are based on sound online learning methodology and universal design and that integrate new and established technologies;
• Assist with the development and delivery of faculty training and workshops in online and face to face modalities;
• Assist the unit to plan, implement and assess course development strategies and workflows, and liaise with academic programs and other units;
• Assist with technology tool selection, integration and assessment;
• Keep current with research and developments in the field of online learning;
• Perform Blackboard administration functions as required.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Instructional Design/Technology certification;
• At least 4 years of experience as instructional or academic staff in an educational or educationally-related environment;
• Demonstrated experience designing content for online or hybrid delivery in higher education;
• Expert knowledge of learning management software, preferably Blackboard;
• Demonstrated experience developing and delivering training and support in multiple modalities;
• Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills with diverse constituencies;
• Familiarity with accessibility standards and universal design principles, experience with web accessibility and UDL in online education;
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently and collaboratively in project planning, implementation and assessment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $68,351.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21267 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
December 1, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.