CUNY Media Services Technician, Level 2 (Revised) in New York, New York
Job Title: Media Services Technician, Level 2 (Revised)
Job ID: 21317
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Media Services Technicians under supervision or direction, perform technical work of varying degrees of difficulty in the set-up, operation, training, troubleshooting, general maintenance and repair of digital/analog, audio-visual, video production, DVD, computer system, digital photography, presentation, recording, projection, duplication, and related broadcast production equipment in a classroom, shop, studio or in the field. Media Services Technicians must have a general knowledge of Windows and Apple based computers along with pertinent software. They may transport equipment for on-site use or shop repair, as well as operate a motor vehicle for such purposes. All Media Services Technicians perform related work.
ASSIGNMENT LEVEL I- Under supervision, performs work of ordinary difficulty, as follows:
Sets up, operates, does routine preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs on all types of projection equipment, portable public address systems, audio digital recorders, radios, cameras and related equipment.
Operates and maintains video production equipment.
Operates video and audio duplication equipment.
Prepares equipment requisitions; maintains inventory and repair records.
Transports equipment for on-site use or shop repair.
Assists in the training of students and/or instructors in the operation and minor routine maintenance of audio-visual, video production and related electronic equipment.
Makes minor repairs to video recording equipment, video receiver/monitors and related television production components.
May supervise and/or train part-time or temporary employees.
Operates motor vehicle, as necessary.
ASSIGNMENT LEVEL II- In addition to Level II duties, incumbents will also perform those tasks performed by Level I Media Services Technicians. Under general supervision performs work of greater difficulty, as follows:
Makes complete repairs on all types of projection equipment, portable public address systems, audio recorders, radios, and related equipment.
Trains students, instructors and other personnel in the operations, general maintenance and minor repair of audio-visual and related electronic equipment.
Evaluates the performance of new equipment and facilities; prepares reports on evaluation findings.
Requisition supplies and equipment, solicits bids from outside parts vendors.
Supervises and coordinates the activities of subordinate personnel.
ASSIGNMENT LEVEL III- In addition to Level III duties, incumbents will also perform those tasks performed by Level I & II Media Services Technicians. Under general supervision performs work of greater difficulty, as follows:
Installs and performs initial system checkout on video production equipment.
Interprets system schematic wiring diagrams.
Assists campus departments with technical problems.
Supervises all phases of equipment and supplies purchasing, from preparation of initial requisitions to vendor liaison for expeditions delivery and payment.
May supervise or operate a single facility of a technical service (e.g., repairs shop, media duplication offices, field repair center), supervises the personnel in such facility.
Participate in designing new facilities and specialized devices.
Media Services Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist with the configuration, maintenance, repair, and replacement of all AV related equipment, including computers, projectors, smart boards, podiums/lecterns, digital signage, network connectivity, controllers, etc.
• Provide AV support to troubleshoot and address software, hardware and network issues
• Assist with the acquisition, configuration, testing, deployment and maintenance of new AV technology equipment
• Work with the AV Management Team and IT Business Services to solicit vendors to acquire quotes for new technology
• Perform low voltage AV and data cabling installations
• Perform demonstrations of technology solutions
• Follow established service desk procedures and practices to effectively resolve or escalate issues and document troubleshooting and resolutions in ticketing system/knowledge base
• Provide feedback to improve OIT service and support practices, procedures, and user instructional materials to improve the resolution of IT support issues
• Maintain standards for safety and the proper use of equipment and tools
• Adjust work schedule when needed to support business needs; may work some evenings and weekends
• Perform other related tasks as requested by the AV Management Team
High school graduation or its equivalent and three years of full-time experience acquired within the last ten years, in the repair, maintenance and routine operation of various audio and visual equipment, and other equivalent electronic equipment (including portable public address systems, digital recorders, digital cameras); or
Graduation from a recognized vocational or technical high school for radio and television mechanics or related trades and two years of full-time experience, acquired within the last ten years, as described in “1” above.
NOTE: Two years verifiable experience as a member of a high school audio-visual squad, or one year work-study experience in an approved Board of Education or College program which includes work with audio-visual or related electronic equipment may be substituted for six months experience described in “1” or “2” above.
• Experience maintaining Crestron and Extron control systems
• Experience using IT Service Management ticketing software
• Knowledge of IT security and networking fundamentals
• A+ and AV Technician certification
• Outstanding customer services skills
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Work to high standards on assignments with minimum supervision
• Self-motivated with a desire to always deliver high quality service
• An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills, driving issues to resolution
• Willingness to constantly improve customer service and technical skills
• Ability to lift equipment, and climb and work on ladders
New Hire: $50,212*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
Click "Search job listings"
Click on "More search options"
Search by Job Opening ID number
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
December 27, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.